Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: My 1300PB is done!!! (Well, now it is with updated pictures!)  (Read 6260 times)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
My 1300PB is done!!! (Well, now it is with updated pictures!)
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:20:26 PM »

Can't go wrong adding more orange to the bike!  :)  Less than three months after we started, the "PepsX Bagger" is done.  Thanks goes out to Dan for all his work on this project.  It turned out even better than I thought it would have.  Here are the pictures...

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:06:28 PM by MRVTX »

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: My 1300PB is done!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 12:04:30 AM »

As Martin would say...Phucking nice! Already have something planned to go on the luggage rack?
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 12:14:53 AM »

As Martin would say...Phucking nice! Already have something planned to go on the luggage rack?

Thanks, John.  Nothing is planned for the luggage rack.  The reason it's on there is because I have the backrest mounting brackets on the bike full-time, and they looked kind of weird just sitting there by themselves.  So without keeping the sissybar on all the time, I decided just to leave the lugagge rack on.  Whenever I make trips or take my daughter for a ride, all I have to do is put the backrest in between the brackets and luggage rack and tighten it up.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 04:07:29 AM »

Looks kinda' like an air spoiler, LOL.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 05:07:18 AM »

I LIKE IT!! LOOKS REALLY GREAT!! GREAT JOB!! TWO THUMBS UP  8)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 06:04:54 AM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 05:14:29 AM »

Jason, you and Dan did an excellant job.  O0 Looks great!
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 07:11:52 AM »

:) Real nice bagger.  There is nothing better than some beautiful hips on a lovely lady. Oh yeah, and headlights too.  :D O0
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:50:33 PM by matap »
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 07:41:40 AM »

WOW.........too beautiful to look at. I like it. Are you going to install any turn signals?

By the way..................

Happy Birthday
Merry Christmas
Happy Anniversary

because that's probably going to be your gift for the following year................... 8)

That's what I would be telling Jim............. ;D
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 10:04:58 AM »

WOW.........too beautiful to look at. I like it. Are you going to install any turn signals?

By the way..................

Happy Birthday
Merry Christmas
Happy Anniversary

because that's probably going to be your gift for the following year................... 8)

That's what I would be telling Jim............. ;D

If Iam not mistaken the turn signals are in the back brake light!!  8) Also has turn signals in his mirrors!!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:15:13 AM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 10:07:43 AM »

Very nice Jason...your pics look like an advertisment for the bike...everything is just so perfect looking, even the setting.  O0
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 10:39:11 AM »

If I am not mistaken the turn signals are in the back brake light!!  8) Also has turn signals in his mirrors!!

Correct!

Brookster

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »

You couldn't paint the 2x4 orange !
The bike looks AWESOME !!!
PARTY HARD RIDE HARDER !

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 12:11:59 PM »

Jason,

Beautiful job.  Hats off to you and Dan!

What brand are those bags, where did you get them from?

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »

If I am not mistaken the turn signals are in the back brake light!!  8) Also has turn signals in his mirrors!!

Correct!

Then you did good..............................
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 01:02:08 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words.  It has been a fun project, but I'm glad it's over.  O0

Joey, I can't believe I didn't think of that before you did.  Got another project now, but I wonder what the painter's expression on his face will be like when I show up with two pieces of wood asking him to color-match them.   :o ;D

Marigold, it's funny you mentioned that, because Lori asked me last night what I wanted for Christmas.  Jokingly, I said I already got what I wanted.  Then after a few silent seconds, I chimed in and said I do have some more parts that I want chromed.  She said it's too late...I already told her I got what I wanted.  ;D

Connie, those pictures were taken at one of the parks inside our subdivision.  They turned out pretty good.  I'm sure more pictures from other parts of the world will show up from time to time.  ;)

Here is more info on the project itself...

The idea & design was Rich's (Iwantsnow - VTXOA), so the credit goes to him for the inspiration. I call it the 1300PB for "pepsX Bagger" to pay homage to Dan's creativity and help.

I've had the bags for a little over a year. I bought them from www.invictamotorsports.com. Some on the board know about the frustrations I've had trying to get these bags mounted closer to the fender and to stop them from shaking. These bags are kind of knock-offs to the Champion bags or the Valkyrie bags, but they have no recess on the back side for the shocks, so where they sit is where they'll stay. The only way to move them forward is to get them further away from the fender, which isn't an option for me. It's a unique look, and that's why I like it. The quality of the bags is very nice. I mounted them using some plates that Jerry (bikerdude135 - VTXOA) had made out of steel. The mounts look much like the ones that come from Champion Sidecars for their Patriot bags. To further stiffen them up, Dan made some bars that attach underneath the bags and go over to the frame where the passenger pegs are located. The bar is threaded with right-hand & left-hand turnbuckles, so I can rotate the bar to increase/decrease the stiffness. They worked perfectly, and the bags are rock solid. The bags move up/down with the fender, so there is no issue with hitting anything under load. And they are not quick-disconnect...it probably takes a good hour to put them on/take them off because of the closeness to the fender.

The rear license plate setup is unbelievable. I first saw it on Hondiego's (VTXOA) bagger project awhile back, and I fell in love with that look. It is from Russ Wernimont Designs www.russwernimont.com. The cateye has everything in it...run/stop/turn and plate illuminator. When the brakes are applied, the brake light flashes a few times and then stays solid. When the turn signals are on, the left or right part of the cateye becomes an outlined arrow in amber LEDs. When the turn signal is canceled, that arrow dissapears for a second and then the entire cateye resumes being a running light. It freakin' rocks!

And then the chin spoiler is the infamous Possum Pusher from Steve (cybrhick)...I finally got it painted and mounted!

And, yes, I have pictures of the fender by itself. I'll post some in a few minutes. When Lori first saw the new fender, she said (and I quote) "That is sick!"  8)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:04:15 PM by MRVTX »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal