Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1300c backfires  (Read 1226 times)

texaslockguy

1300c backfires
« on: March 02, 2008, 09:28:11 AM »

a couple of months ago i bought a 2006 1300c, vance and hines pipes,  the original owner had them installed at a honda dealership.  don't know how it was jetter.   the problem is,  bike pops when at a steady throttle under a light load.  any ideas.   thanks ron

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
Re: 1300c backfires
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:31:35 AM »

I got the same pipes and mine does the same thing. I am going to have the jets shimed when I get time.

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 10:20:52 AM »

What model are they. If they are straight pipes a lot of times you will get mild backfire anyway. It probably is not an air leak in the pipes since you are giving it throttle. I would say you might be running just a little rich. CHeck your spark plugs and soot in your pipes. Maybe an adjustment to the air/fuel screw could do the trick. O0

I am no mechanic just trying to help through my experiences when I rejetted. Took me about 2 months but eventually got it and feel good about it. ;)

troman62

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 04:38:18 PM »

I agree with Militman, I have a similar setup on my 1300R and was having issues with it backfiring.  So I bought that mixture screw extention from Cybrhick, got tired of tearing the bike down and fiddling with it.  It kinda sounds to me like the needle may be in the wrong spot, depending on what air cleaner he has.  Again, I am no expert either, just drawing from my own experience with the 1300.  I personally would start by finding out what jets/needle/air cleaner you have and if nothing else post here for advice. 

What I'm running:
   2006 VTX1300R
   Main Jet:  210
   Replaced stock needle with one in the Dynojet kit(I have it clipped 3 from the top if I remember correctly, I actually had to shave off some of the back of the needle with a Dremel tool to get it back together.)
   Pro-R Hypercharger
   V&H BigShots(baffles removed)
   Mixture screw is about 2 to 2 1/4 turns out

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »

It sounds like you need to rejet you carb, Do you have an after market or K&n filter?
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

texaslockguy

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 07:14:16 AM »

thanks for the help.  as far as i know my bike has the stock air cleaner.  will check it out.    again thanks

Raydar

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:24:55 PM »

I had a problem with mine backfiring after I drilled my pipes, and traced the problem to an exhaust leak right at the flange to the engine (mostly the rear pipe).
2005R, silver, windshield, bags, sissy bar, engine guards, highway pegs, pullback risers

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal