Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Headlight adjustment  (Read 3112 times)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
Headlight adjustment
« on: June 04, 2006, 02:50:48 PM »

My headlight beam is too high. A question for those of you in the know, which screw adjusts the height? I noticed the holes on each side of the light shell that allow you to get a phillips in to a brass colored screw. Is that the adjustment screw? Any assistance is appreciated.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Headlight adjustment
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 03:12:48 PM »

maybe you just need to adjust your prescription...LOL

PUT A 240 ON IT POPS  O0
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »

It's been awhile since I adjusted one, but I'm almost positive it's the one on the left as you face the headlamp to adjust it. I'm ABSOLUTELY positive that if it's not the one on the left, it'll be the one on the right ;).

Okay, I just went out to the garage and dug out the manuals; both show it to be the screw on the left as you face the headlamp to adjust it.
02 1800C

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:25:40 PM »

Got it taken care of today. Thanks Tommy for your assistance, and Jerry for your verbal input. you made Tom and I feel like we were at home!  ;) J/K Jerry, thanks for the propety tour, and the dinner treat. O0
I made it home before it was totally dark, but I could tell it made a difference. Now I can't use the bike to go Coon hunting anymore. :-\
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 08:41:42 AM »

Everything I read before helping RD with his headlight said that as you look at the bike the screw on the left would adjust the up and down of the headlight.  WRONG!!!!  We had RD's headlight shining way to the left before we figured out that the screw on the left (as you stand in front of bike and face the headlight) does not do the up/down adjustment.  We went back and read Hipshots suggestion, that since it's not the screw on the left, it POSITIVELY had to be the one on the right...  :D  Anyway, we got it done.  We also found out that if you have a headlight extension, this can throw things off a little and doesn't leave enough threads in the screw to completely get the low beam down where it should be.  After we rode a while I came back and checked mine and it needed to go up some and sure enough it was the screw on right also that makes it go up and down.  Both bikes are C's.  RD - '04, mine - '02.

An informative afternoon of learning about headlights and visiting at Jerry's.  Saw his property and location of soon to be cabin(s).  Had a great time Jerry.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal