Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best VTX replacement seat?  (Read 3598 times)

old school Mike

• Rider
  • Old School Mike
Best VTX replacement seat?
« on: November 13, 2011, 10:25:57 AM »

To All VTX owners
I am looking for a replacement seat for longer rides on my 06 1300 R.  The factory seat puts my butt asleep.
Any suggestions?
Thanks Guys

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Best VTX replacement seat?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 10:27:43 AM »

I like my Ultimate Big Boy. Find someone who has one and try it out. Good Luck!
2007 1800N Charcoal

dclark31

• Old Timer
  • Schertz
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »

Either Ultimate or Mustang are the way to go

Dana "Dutch" Clark - Semper Fi

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:37:42 PM »

I have an Ultimate Big Boy on mine, love it, have made rides, to CO., NM & WY on it...  I have never tried a Mustang so no info. there, but can't go wrong with the Ultimate.  The VTXOA board had a couple for sale a week ago.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »

You casn spend the big bucks or get a mean city mod, they do a really good job, I am just cheap so I went with mean city and roade from Houston to Illioise with only gas stops 1015 miles.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/index.php?option=com_zoo&view=category&Itemid=226
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

madmax1023

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 05:14:45 PM »

I have a Mustang and the jury is out, as a matter of fact the first month I couldn't stand it.  It's broke in a little now and it seems to feel a little better.  I'm considering sending it to MeanCity to some additional cushioning.  I wish I had found out about MeanCity before purchasing my seat of course the wife was wanting something softer for her which the Mustang meet that need.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 07:24:53 PM »

I have the Lowrider Ultimate X Seat.  Love it. have put about 23,000 mile on it and no complaints ever while riding. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Bucket06

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 09:42:42 PM »

I have an Ultimate Big Boy on mine, love it, have made rides, to CO., NM & WY on it...  I have never tried a Mustang so no info. there, but can't go wrong with the Ultimate.  The VTXOA board had a couple for sale a week ago.

Do you think it's worth the extra $100 or so for the Ultimate, plus the $70 rain cover?  

I have a Mustang and the jury is out, as a matter of fact the first month I couldn't stand it.  It's broke in a little now and it seems to feel a little better.  I'm considering sending it to MeanCity to some additional cushioning.  I wish I had found out about MeanCity before purchasing my seat of course the wife was wanting something softer for her which the Mustang meet that need.

I've been agonizing over this decision since I bought my '02 1800C in July.  This is probably my Christmas present so I want to get it right!  

Here are the prices new...

Ultimate Bigboy studded with passenger seat, no backrests: $605
http://www.ultimateseats.ca/VTX1800C.html#midrider

Mustang Sport Touring studded with passenger seat, no backrests: $509
http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Sport-Touring
I like the fact that the Mustang doesn't require a rain cover.

I've checked out MeanCity and it's only added questions to my list, like what do I really need?  I've heard they're very helpful on the phone so I will call them before a final decision.  However when I priced up their upgrades I was around $300 (memory foam, gel, etc) so I'm not sure this is the best way to spend my money.  

I missed the last M&G, I would like to catch up with some of you to see what they're like.  Of course, everyone's different, and I'm 6'4 225 with a 37" inseam...
And don't get me started on forward controls!
 :banghead:
Not enough money or time!!!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 09:44:47 PM by Bucket06 »

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »

I have a Mustang and a bit wider than stock but got used to it and no problem and have riden to Kalifornia on that seat and the return trip was stopping for fuel only and felt ok other than being on the road for so long lol.
Alvin,Texas

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »

Ultimate is my favorite. Just sent mine back for repair and they turned it around in 1 day. They have a lifetime warranty.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »

I didn't get the rain cover and the only time I needed was a week that I didn't intend or planned on it raining.  It will keep your seat dry as that is probably the only down side to the Ultimate X seats.  I don't have any other experience with any other seat other than stock and Ultimate X, but I can go all day without actually complaining about my seat.  Like Larry said, I get tired b/c of the riding all day and not the actual sitting.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 05:57:14 PM »

Have hadquite a few seats! Stock, Highend, Corbin, Mustang and Ultimate!!
Out of all of the The ULTIMATE!!! Planning on doing long haul rides your best bet is the Ultimate.
I will say if you are just wanting a stock seat with the BadX mod I have heard good things.
Just depends on what you want to spend on your rear!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 10:03:09 PM »

I have a Mustang with driver backrest I have had since 2004 and I put a mustang on my wife's 1300C as soon as we got it back in 2005.  We both love them.
Made a trip to Vegas and back with no problems.   :thumbup:
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

Mustang pete

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 10:33:13 PM »

I bought a Saddleman( also had one on my Roadstar) and it fits me..love it...make sure you try as many as possible, because they are all just like us-different..find one that you like.

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 10:59:07 PM »

I went from the OEM to a Corbin which was ok to a Mustang that I thought was great. I've heard great things about the Ultimate but never sat on one.
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal