Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Mamaws Pie Run 12-12-09  (Read 8482 times)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
Re: Mamaws Pie Run 12-12-09
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2009, 10:46:40 AM »

:threadjack:
There there kids ,HOW WAS THE PIE RUN? How about a ride report! Sheeesh
I was waiting for the BELL TO RING!!  ;D

His "bell" was rung a long time ago when he was dropped as a baby...never been the same since!  :looney:

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »

:threadjack:
There there kids ,HOW WAS THE PIE RUN? How about a ride report! Sheeesh
I was waiting for the BELL TO RING!!  ;D

His "bell" was rung a long time ago when he was dropped as a baby...never been the same since!  :looney:
Yeah, some of us were dropped! And the orange moped riders were born that way! O0

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »

RedDragon is the best!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:04:44 PM by RedDragon »

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »

man i so thought that this ride was today (sunday).... glad i was jsut to damn tired to try and scramble out for a ride today.  I will blame it on the fact that i actually lost a day somewhere this week.  Spent all day thinking Thursday was Wednesday....

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

RedDragon

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2009, 01:12:21 PM »

RedDragon is the best!

Thanks

Don't make me get "admin" privileges and start goin' postal!  :thumbup:

RedDragon

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2009, 01:14:32 PM »

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »

Ok. There are a (very) few of us that can actually report on this ride. Others will have some excuse for not joining us. A total of 5 brave (crazy?) men ventured out on this cold, wet and foggy day.

I was out 'n about for 12 hours and 500 miles. Maybe 20 of those miles were on semi-dry pavement. A few miles were on some form of mud road. And I thought there was a "no-off-road" clause on this ride? When we were not riding in a steady drizzle, we were in the rain.

Some day I would like to make this trip when I can actually see things other than fog and road spay off RedDragon's back tire!

RedDragon was a great leader of this numb-nutz pack. He could signal a turn even before we could see an intersection coming in the constant fog! He said the voices in his head were giving him directions. After that I backed off him just a little! (They have pills for that problem!)

Mamaw's pies were great and they gave us very special attention. Lots of hot coffee was my choice of drink and it was very nice to warm and dry our gloves by the fireplace.

My Army boots were not a good choice. The only time the water drained out of the weep holes was while sitting in the restruant. I guess the ice around my toes had to melt before the boots would drain. It looked like a half-gallon or more drained out on their floor.

Good tires were a must for this trip. Those riding on thin tread :stickpoke: or some never-heard-of-'em :stickpoke: off brand tires had some serious pucker factor reports. The curve that I took wide was from trying to watch the action in my mirrors.

I do not know why, but I can look back on this trip a day later and say I had fun. Good food and the good people I rode with more than offset the miserable weather. Thanks guys!

I assume Brock is still waiting for his fingers to thaw so he can post up.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:56:20 PM by Ironhorse1800 »
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2009, 02:17:54 PM »

Ok. There are a (very) few of us that can actually report on this ride. Others will have some excuse for not joining us. A total of 5 brave (crazy?) men ventured out on this cold, wet and foggy day.

I was out 'n about for 12 hours and 500 miles. Maybe 20 of those miles were on semi-dry pavement. A few miles were on some form of mud road. And I thought there was a "no-off-road" clause on this ride? When we were not riding in a steady drizzle, we were in the rain.

Some day I would like to make this trip when I can actually see things other than fog and road spay off RedDragon's back tire!

RedDragon was a great leader of this numb-nutz pack. He could signal a turn even before we could see an intersection coming in the constant fog! He said the voices in his head were giving him directions. After that I backed off him just a little! (They have pills for that problem!)

Mamaw's pies were great and they gave us very special attention. Lots of hot coffee was my choice of drink and it was very nice to warm and dry our gloves by the fireplace.

My Army boots were not a good choice. The only time the water drained out of the weep holes was while sitting in the restruant. I guess the ice around my toes had to melt before the boots would drain. It looked like a half-gallon or more drained out on their floor.

Good tires were a must for this trip. Those riding on thin tread :stickpoke: or some never-heard-of-'em :stickpoke: off brand tires had some serious pucker factor reports. The curve that I took wide was from trying to watch the action in my mirrors.

I do not know why, but I can look back on this trip a day later and say I had fun. Good food and the good people I rode with more than offset the miserable weather. Thanks guys!

I assume Brock is still waiting for his fingers to thaw so he can post up.
[/quot]
 :agree: today it does seem better, and the group, well they are the best --- here's the big tip though, better wash those bikes, don't know what the  :cuss: :cuss: was on that off road part, but it does not come off easy.  :-\ I washed mine this morning, and still has a glaze on it, should be good as new after a couple more washings  :thumbup: :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »

Good point Gumbo. I failed to mention that all bikes that made this run were 100% mud-road brown by the end of the day.

And not an orange bike in sight!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2009, 03:04:33 PM »

They're too smart to get out and go muddin'!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2009, 03:41:35 PM »

You forgot to say the red one with white stripes!!  ;D I told Gumbo I was a WIMP!!  ::)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2009, 03:47:50 PM »

And then there was the squirrel that started to attack RedDragon, ran away only to come back and launch on Gumbo! What was up with that?

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2009, 05:42:30 PM »

And then there was the squirrel that started to attack RedDragon, ran away only to come back and launch on Gumbo! What was up with that?

He was mad at Gumbo for eating his family! Thanks for the ride report. Had some electrical problem at the house yesterday but rode to Hallettsville for Chicken Fried steak today. Little foggy and damp but not as tough as your ride.  :notworthy:to you
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2009, 05:56:22 PM »

You forgot to say the red one with white stripes!!  ;D I told Gumbo I was a WIMP!!  ::)

Not to worry Chad I'll toughen you up on the ride from the BBT to Breaux Bridge  :t :t  Man O Man am I looking forward to that week. Yaaaaa Hooooo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal