Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: White Diamond Polish  (Read 2172 times)

sparkp

• Tejano
White Diamond Polish
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:23:24 AM »

Anyone in the area a local dealer? Went to their website but minimum purchase is a case, I don't need 6 bottles. Looking to buy one bottle to try out.

Thanks,
Steve

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
Re: White Diamond Polish
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »

Anyone in the area a local dealer? Went to their website but minimum purchase is a case, I don't need 6 bottles. Looking to buy one bottle to try out.

Thanks,
Steve
Google rocks.... http://www.atlaschrome.com/polishingmaterial.html
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

sparkp

• Tejano
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:04:35 PM »

Thanks,
Steve
Google rocks.... http://www.atlaschrome.com/polishingmaterial.html

I didn't think about googling it. Google is pretty awesome, you can find anything and everything. Thanks POGOGOLF.

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »

I buy it at flying J truckstop. Most truckstops should carry it though.
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

sparkp

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »

I buy it at flying J truckstop. Most truckstops should carry it though.

Is it as good as people say it is? I have always used the Maguires Mag and Aluminum polish and that is by far superior to Mothers and everything else I have tried.

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 12:26:39 PM »

It is alot better than anything else I've ever tried. :thumbup:
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

BigDaddyTy

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 01:21:29 PM »

I've used  http://gordsaluminumpolish.com/ works pretty good,they sell it locally for about $10 bucks and it's a Texas product....

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »

I only use White Diamond on my wheels, but I can assure it works very well and gets oxidation off.  I use Eagle One Chrome Cleaner on the wrest of the chrome.
Chunk the llama.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »

Wait a second, don't you have to wash your bike before you polish it :what:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »

"...but I can assure it works very well and gets oxidation off."

That's the key statement right there.  I didn't say how often.  :P ;)
Chunk the llama.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 04:01:13 PM »

:cool2: I'll have to give it a try, it will be a good opportunity while I have the bike tore down, if I ever get it back from the dealer.  ::)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

sparkp

• Tejano
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »

I only use White Diamond on my wheels, but I can assure it works very well and gets oxidation off.  I use Eagle One Chrome Cleaner on the wrest of the chrome.

That's all ( wheels ) I'm looking to use it on as well. Mine are in good shape but if this works better that Maguires then I'll swap for sure.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 04:09:19 PM »

The important part is to make sure that after you apply some of it onto a rag that you keep rubbing with some decent pressure in the same area over and over until it starts turning black.  Let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then wipe it off.  After that prepare to be amazed.   

(use several rags that you don't mind ruining for sure)
Chunk the llama.

Underdog

• Tejano
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »

The important part is to make sure that after you apply some of it onto a rag that you keep rubbing with some decent pressure in the same area over and over until it starts turning black.  Let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then wipe it off.  After that prepare to be amazed.   

Could you use the mothers ball that goes on a drill? and if so, what kind of results have you seen?
Jim
"If you work for a man, and he provides you a paycheck, speak well of him and the company he created. If you cannot, resign your position, and once outside the door complain to your heart's content." -- Author Unknown

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 06:05:11 PM »

Could you use the mothers ball that goes on a drill? and if so, what kind of results have you seen?

if it ruins rags, I'd expect it to ruin the mothers ball...  however, you can probably use some rags on some kind of adapter (I was thinking making one out of a coat hanger) and use it just like the ball.  just make sure to use plenty of rags so that the metal of whatever "adapter" you use doesn't scratch you wheels...

basically make your own cheap mother's ball...
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal