Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Arkansas Cancelled?  (Read 5155 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Arkansas Cancelled?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »

I know they didn't have any Hop Hog
http://
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 06:05:43 PM »

You guys should join us next time.

man, I really wanted to go but the last time I spent 8 days in Arkansas it rained 7 of them.  I was looking forward to possiblly being able to see it in the sun and not under clouds and dampness.  There will be plenty of other opportunities. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »

I wanted to go but was out of vacation time and money after Colorado :cuss:
It's all just part of the adventure!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 05:53:37 AM »

Only time I got wet was on the way home, light rain/drizzle about the first 50 miles, then dry the rest. It was a good time, actually partial sun Thurs and Friday. Only saw the sun one time on the way back though, somewhere south of Foreman. Was glad to hit the Texas line again and get to the 70 MPH roads down here. Don't understand why their roads don't have decent speed limits up there. Kinda' like they expect people that aren't smart enough to handle a faster speed to be driving. hHHMMMMMmm. I can now say I have been on the slowest ever (that I've been on, that is) paperpeddler led ride ever. I didn't know he HAD a moderate speed side to him. ;D

SSSSSSssssssssnake

:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 06:45:01 AM »

Glad y'all stayed dry and had a good'un! I kept my radar screen running watching the weather and was hoping you-zn's were duckin and dodgeing and riding where it wasn't. Glad everybody had a safe trip. Rene stated she and Carl were going to stay awhile longer when everybody else left to come home. Hope they made it back ok too.
 :c :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 06:45:36 AM »

man, I really wanted to go but the last time I spent 8 days in Arkansas it rained 7 of them.  I was looking forward to possiblly being able to see it in the sun and not under clouds and dampness.  There will be plenty of other opportunities. 

We got rained on pretty much every day in Corpus.  Two storms on the way and random bursts througout the weekend.  We did get a chance to do some riding along the coast which was really nice.  I got a bunch of pics to post but got a TON of work to catch up from my little vacation.  
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 07:50:13 AM »

I rode to Gruene and did some wine festing and later that night went to concert in Gruene Hall.  Had a good time and didn't get wet.  Glad most made it without getting too wet.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 09:51:46 AM »

I rode to Gruene and did some wine festing and later that night went to concert in Gruene Hall.  Had a good time and didn't get wet.  Glad most made it without getting too wet.

I should have went to Bandera.  Probably still try and do that one weekend before the end of the year.  Maybe I will skip the Lone Star Rally.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 12:16:52 PM »

I am glad everyone had a great time.  I am going to do the trip solo this week.  Leaving Houston early on Thursday and taking the previous planned route through Paris.  If anyone is or can be in Paris or near by between 11:00 and Noon I would love to meet for lunch.  I plan to stay in Hot Springs on Thursday night and then ride as many roads on Friday and Saturday as I can before heading back home on Sunday.
'02 1800C

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 03:01:26 PM »

I am glad everyone had a great time.  I am going to do the trip solo this week.  Leaving Houston early on Thursday and taking the previous planned route through Paris.  If anyone is or can be in Paris or near by between 11:00 and Noon I would love to meet for lunch.  I plan to stay in Hot Springs on Thursday night and then ride as many roads on Friday and Saturday as I can before heading back home on Sunday.

Have fun and be carefull. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal