Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Do you have what it takes HokaHey Challenge  (Read 5632 times)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Do you have what it takes HokaHey Challenge
« on: November 05, 2010, 09:54:24 PM »

This would be one hell of a challenge  no GPS,hotels or interstate 10,000 miles 18 days 48 states www.hokaheychallenge.com
Alvin,Texas

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Do you have what it takes HokaHey Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 09:47:37 AM »

to answer your question...................NO!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »

Hey, I was good until they said you HAVE to spend 24 hours in Sturgis during the rally. I can barely make 2 hours in Galveston before I'm full of idiots.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Dusty

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 02:11:22 PM »

I think people who who do that stuff have something to prove to themselves. Just proves they can sit on thier Cranberries for long periods of time as for as I am concerned. Doesn't impress me. Now, if I guy takes off on foot through the untamed wilderness and make the same trek alive, then I have mountains of respect for him and definantly wouldn't screw with him.
I've been to one LSR and have no desire to go to another, or any other rally for that matter.
Idiots are a dime a dozen and you don't have to search hard to find them.  :couch:

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 09:47:15 PM »

Oh Dusty, come on now... I think it is no different than any other endurance challenge, Ironbutt of other.  I rode over 7000 miles this summer in 19 days, but spent 5 of those days tooling around in Colorado enjoying the sights and roads with buddy Jeff and my wife. Yes, I was ready to get off the bike, but had more days been available, I would have still been riding.

It would definitely be a tough mental & physical endurance challenge for anyone that attempts this run.  Remember, there are many different things that motivate each of us to succeed.  I would not mind doing this ride if the time of year was not a conflct with coaching in August.  What an opportunity to travel thru all the contiguous 48 states and 3 countries, sleeping with your ride...roughing it, sort of, meals on the run, staying hydrated, riding the set routes & going thru the check points & 24 HOURS OF STURGIS!  WOW, FREAKING AWESOME!!!!  And after it is over you get to sleep for 5 days straight!!!    :c    :bikerider:

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 09:53:56 PM »

Oh Dusty, come on now... I think it is no different than any other endurance challenge, Ironbutt of other.  I rode over 7000 miles this summer in 19 days, but spent 5 of those days tooling around in Colorado enjoying the sights and roads with buddy Jeff and my wife. Yes, I was ready to get off the bike, but had more days been available, I would have still been riding.

It would definitely be a tough mental & physical endurance challenge for anyone that attempts this run.  Remember, there are many different things that motivate each of us to succeed.  I would not mind doing this ride if the time of year was not a conflct with coaching in August.  What an opportunity to travel thru all the contiguous 48 states and 3 countries, sleeping with your ride...roughing it, sort of, meals on the run, staying hydrated, riding the set routes & going thru the check points & 24 HOURS OF STURGIS!  WOW, FREAKING AWESOME!!!!  And after it is over you get to sleep for 5 days straight!!!       

I agree plus the $1,000,000 is another reason but either way would be an awesome ride and challenge.

Alvin,Texas

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 03:56:49 AM »

Ya'll are right, what the hell was I thinking?  :hmm:

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 06:44:14 AM »

Hey, I was good until they said you HAVE to spend 24 hours in Sturgis during the rally. I can barely make 2 hours in Galveston before I'm full of idiots.

+ 1000

Dusty, I'm with ya. Why would someone want to do all that, other than for the reason that they could then tell everyone they did it? I was 75 miles short of the Ironbutt when I rode back from the Coloradical this summer, with about 7.5 hours to spare, and people actually asked why I didn't keep riding. WTF? I was already home, which was where I was riding to!!  ???

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 07:01:36 AM »

+ 1000

Dusty, I'm with ya. Why would someone want to do all that, other than for the reason that they could then tell everyone they did it? I was 75 miles short of the Ironbutt when I rode back from the Coloradical this summer, with about 7.5 hours to spare, and people actually asked why I didn't keep riding. WTF? I was already home, which was where I was riding to!!  ???

At least Wayne went, but glad we were one idiot short  :agree: :agree: It was there couldn't pass it up.  :c
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Gr8_Outdoorsman

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 08:19:07 AM »

I was in Homer, AK fishing when they started arriving at the finish line this summer.... My hat is certainly off to those guys! They were definitely weathered and exhausted. I can honestly say that I have zero desire to try that for myself after discussing it with them over a few beers at the Salty Dawg Saloon.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 10:03:15 AM »

I was in Homer, AK fishing when they started arriving at the finish line this summer.... My hat is certainly off to those guys! They were definitely weathered and exhausted. I can honestly say that I have zero desire to try that for myself after discussing it with them over a few beers at the Salty Dawg Saloon.

That just does not sound like smart riding conditions to me.  The trip itself sounds like something I would want to do...but the condition of pushing yourself to exhaustion while riding is of no interest to me at all.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 12:00:54 PM »

:redcard:  Damn, I guess I waisted 15 yrs of my life working/training almost every day to

exhaustion for what, 3yrs in the Pros,  :cuss:  crap, silly childish games..go figure, I must be a

dumb@$$!   :pot:  What was I thinking?    :boxing:  I will never do that again!!!  Let me go lay

down, I am tired from typing.   :stickpoke:   :banghead:   
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »

I'm not saying that working out and pushing yourself to better physical limits is bad...I think doing that while trying to operate a piece of machinery is not smart, for me at least. 
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »

:redcard:  Damn, I guess I waisted 15 yrs of my life working/training almost every day to

exhaustion for what, 3yrs in the Pros,  :cuss:  crap, silly childish games..go figure, I must be a

dumb@$$!   :pot:  What was I thinking?    :boxing:  I will never do that again!!!  Let me go lay

down, I am tired from typing.   :stickpoke:   :banghead:    

Bobby, settle down. No one is ever going to confuse a GW rider with someone who is roughing it. You're good to go.   :goldwing: :rofl: :good: :stickpoke:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:40:29 PM by jmdaniel »
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 12:59:22 PM »

I'm cool   O0 , didn't you guys see all my icons that I used.  
Ones own personal pursuit of excellence/achievement comes in many forms, and some are crazy enough to make this ride.  

And if I were talking with someone, & they had told me about their completing this ride, I might say...what the heck did you do that for, you are freakin' nutz?   With the understanding that it was their goal not mine, so to each his own.  

Did any of you run cross country or track in HS?  It takes someone with a loose screw to do all that running (I have a loose screw) in the form of an Oval, thus it takes someone a little on the edge to make this ride!  

Kind of like us buying vehicles in Kansas City & Phoenix...What did we do that for?  ;D  
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal