Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: pie  (Read 9382 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: pie
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »

A hot day of riding is better than sitting at home doing nothing just stay hydrated  :couch:

Who says you have to sit at home and do nothing??????
I ride 3-4 times a week.......I just make a point of getting home before noon.  :thumbup:
IMHO.........A "hot day of riding" is just that, a "hot day of riding" which to me is a pain in Cranberries and no fun......... weather your hydrated or not. Riding in 100 degree heat is like having a hair dryer in your face all day.   :ohwow:   These days I don't like riding motorcycles so much as to be miserable on them.  Besides....... riding when your exhausted from sweating all day, can impair your judgement.  That's not a good thing on a bike.  I've seen it happen to others and to myself.  Maybe I'm just more sensitive to heat than others.  I know it's gotten worse as I've gotten older.  Just don't have the tolerance for it anymore like I use to.  I remember dirt bike racing hair scrambles and enduros in the heat.  At the end of the race you literally fall off the bike and your delirious.  :hurl:

When I getg as old as you I might feel the same way :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »

I have not heard anything today but he and I rode home together and the last time we stopped was in Conroe and he was feeling some better.He just could not move to well on the bike but was moving ok off bike but a bit slow.He did tell me he was going to fix him a toddy for the body and get into the hot tub so that should help.
Alvin,Texas

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

Bluestreak did not mean for it to sound like I was ragging on ya the heat does not bother me that much unless I am having to work outside lol.
Alvin,Texas

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »

A hot day of riding is better than sitting at home doing nothing just stay hydrated  :couch:

I ride 3-4 times a week.......I just make a point of getting home before noon.  :thumbup:
IMHO.........A "hot day of riding" is just that, a "hot day of riding" which to me is a pain in Cranberries and no fun......... weather your hydrated or not. Riding in 100 degree heat is like having a hair dryer in your face all day.   :ohwow:   These days I don't like riding motorcycles so much as to be miserable on them.  Besides....... riding when your exhausted from sweating all day, can impair your judgement.  That's not a good thing on a bike.  I've seen it happen to others and to myself.  Maybe I'm just more sensitive to heat than others.  I know it's gotten worse as I've gotten older.  Just don't have the tolerance for it anymore like I use to.  I remember dirt bike racing hair scrambles and enduros in the heat.  At the end of the race you literally fall off the bike and your delirious.  :hurl:

What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2011, 08:28:33 PM »

Dang wish I would have thought of that one.  :c :c
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2011, 09:00:28 PM »

Being retired is a good thing. I don't have to call in sick to anyone. I'm sore, ribs and left side of my back. Taking some pain relief pills whenever I think I need some. Thanks to Carol for the pills, and the guys for pulling my crash bar away from my footboard so I could shift gears. Doing your own stunts is not a lot of fun. But the pies were good.
2004 VTX 1800N

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2011, 05:03:07 AM »

glad your home and ok.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2011, 08:25:32 AM »

Couple of things:
First, weren't you guys all coming back from MawMaw's one time a couple years back when Gumbo did his stunt riding in the field?  Now, we all hear about LarryW doing the same thing?  Hmmmmm...not sure I want to go riding to MawMaw's with you guys anytime  :stickpoke:

Second, Bluestreak I agree with you...it is too damn hot to go riding for several hours at a time for me.  I am glad to hear that those of you who do go out on rides in this heat are able to handle it and get home safe.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2011, 02:57:08 PM »

It was a great ride up, except for the loss of my antenna, the 6 people standing in the middle of the road and getting lost trying to find where everyone went!  Oh..and watching Gumbo head for Bryce's rear!  That wouldn't of been a very pretty sight.  Oh...and my bike stalling...thanks for the tuneup, Dragon!  It really was a fun day...great to see everyone from the north. 

Glad you two made it home, Larry and your other brother, Larry!  It was hot on the last leg...Crockett to home, esp coming down 19 and 45.  Nice and cool going up though, or at least I was ok.  Warm when we stopped, but riding was ok...then again we were flying, I think!  I saw the trooper, two of them, but one was in a town we went thru.

You are welcome, Larry.  I always have pills!  Hope you are feeling better.

I can't believe I didn't take any pics.  Too busy with all my pies, I guess!  I am down to 6!!

Thanks for leading us up there, Dragon....some great roads.  You will have to send me the route when you get a chance.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:02:02 PM by MsVTX1300 »
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »

Oh..and watching Gumbo head for Bryce's rear!  That wouldn't of been a very pretty sight. 

Just the thought of that makes me want to...........  :hurl:.
 :t   :t   :t
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2011, 04:14:13 PM »

Oh..and watching Gumbo head for Bryce's rear!  That wouldn't of been a very pretty sight. 

:rofl: :rofl:

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »

you?!?!   imagine me looking over my shoulder and seeing Gumbo coming at me with that look in his eye! 

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2011, 05:00:11 PM »

you?!?!   imagine me looking over my shoulder and seeing Gumbo coming at me with that look in his eye! 

:ohwow:  I would of been skeered, too!  Run, Forest, run!!   :t
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2011, 05:10:09 PM »

I thought Gumbo only chased miniature donkeys and sisters with fried pies????

Justin VTX

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »

I thought Gumbo only chased miniature donkeys and sisters with fried pies????

he has been up north for a while now....

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal