Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Take a week off!  (Read 2597 times)

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
Re: Take a week off!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 08:25:47 PM »

just name the time and place jeff, i gots plenty of time on my hands as well. :thumbup:
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »

Best of luck hooter, I'm sure we will be seeing more and more of this, in the near future.
The company I work for right now wants me to start training folks in India, to do my job, the Buck Rogers of it I guess I have to do it to get as much out of them as possible.
I've done this before with a major computer company, and yep Pogogolf Deja vu.

Good thing is the beat goes on  ;D I have a motorcycle and I know how to siphon gas if it comes to it.  :ohwow:

I've done the exact same thing. Spent a month in Chennai to train our replacements. Holler if you have any questions...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 04:47:45 AM »

just name the time and place jeff, i gots plenty of time on my hands as well. :thumbup:

Let's chat this Saturday, as I think you and Jen are making the M&G?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 05:40:01 AM »

Thanks, Noob, no questions - done this before.  :banghead: The good thing about the first time was I got a really good early retirement package  :t
The company has given no indication of any problems, but hey not my first time around the track.  ::)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »

Best wishes and good luck to ALL!! Prayers go out for Y'all!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »

I'm bringing 8 tin cups and "Will work for food" signs to the BBT and from what this thread is starting to say is that I need to make more up!  :violin:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 01:05:19 PM »

$ is easy to make just buy into the SwampFox Hedge Fund Harvest You a Money Tree today!  GOT SEEDS! No Dirt!
just add a pray and hope you find "what you need"!   ;D

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 04:12:31 PM »

I'm bringing 8 tin cups and "Will work for food" signs to the BBT and from what this thread is starting to say is that I need to make more up!  :violin:

Dayum! I know that times will be getting tough if Hooter will work for food.  :ohwow:

I'll bring my "Will Work For Beer" sign and keep our thirst quenched.  :thumbup:

Seriously, if there's anything I can do Al, let me know.

Mike
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »

actually we won't be going, we have a wedding to attend.  :banghead:
but we can chat about it if you show here. http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=10866.0
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 04:47:55 AM »

actually we won't be going, we have a wedding to attend.  :banghead:
but we can chat about it if you show here. http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=10866.0

We'll try to slip by; lord knows that little Buck Rogers ain't replying to my requests to get together...  :P
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 10:55:56 AM »

Hooter,

Sorry to hear about your job.  It's gotta be especially tough if you've had a job that required skills or gave you experience that aren't widely marketable.  Hope it all works out for you.

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 08:20:07 PM »

I just got the, take the rest of your life off, papers. I'm not heart broken a bit about it. The railroad sent me a notice that they are willing to re train me so that I can do another job. I am not able to go back to work doing what I did. Other training is on the table. As for now I will remain a retired old fart. If I get to the point where I can go back to work in some kind of useful job I will. I have not worked in over a year,I call it retirement with just enough money to make me wish I could go back to work. Now I get full retirement money, much better.
I'm not dead yet, so I owe it to myself to take some time to find out if my condition is forever, and if so, how I am going to deal with it. The Dr say's it is a down hill trip from here. At least the money problem is over.
I will have time and money to make the rides for as long as I am able. If I get better, I will go back to work, I miss it more than I ever thought I would.
Now that I am officially retired, I'm going to give it a try. 30 years on the railroad is enough to deserve a shot at retirement. If I don't like it I can go back to work doing something.         

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »

Best of luck!  :thumbup:
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 10:32:36 PM »

I'm not dead yet, so I owe it to myself to take some time to find out if my condition is forever, and if so, how I am going to deal with it. The Dr say's it is a down hill trip from here. At least the money problem is over.

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in
I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in
I watched myself crawlin out as I was a-crawlin in
I got up so tight I couldnt unwind
I saw so much I broke my mind
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in

Enjoy the ride  :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 11:45:52 PM »

tomcat  :congrats: I think!!!! I hope I stay retired at least as long as I worked!!! O0 O0 :ohwow: :notworthy:    Ride Safe Ride Long
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal