Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?  (Read 18861 times)

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 03:52:13 PM »

Mark, you remeber later on about the coordinater bickering?
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

evilashx

• Old Timer
    • www.AccurateConstructionTexas.com
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2006, 04:35:29 PM »

Mark, you remeber later on about the coordinater bickering?

Heh heh...yeah....Kinda like fleas fighting over a dog.  I tried to get a hold of you yesterday on my way through Houston.. Do you ever answer your phone? :o

Dusty

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2006, 07:41:18 PM »

ha...that tech session is in the gallery here.  It was pretty freakin cold.  I'll find it.

Here it is..  http://wwwtemp.texasxriders.com/v/album12/TechSession/

COLD BRUTHA

I remember that one. That was my first time to meet anyone else that road an X. I had no idea that the group was as young as it was at that time. I thought I had stumbled on people that had been riding together for years and had tech sessions all the time.

Mostly I remember Rock-n-roll pushing Marigold away from the bb-q pit and hogging all the food.  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry Pete, you've just been to damn quiet lately. It's time to get you stirred up again and back in the saddle.  :D

Dusty

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2006, 07:45:03 PM »

Ok here goes, The TexasXriders board was began by Kieth Blevins(weedeater). The first three people involved in it were Keith, myself and a guy named Randy Parker. Basically it was all Keith as I knew then and still know nothing about wep pages..... He and I and Randy agreed to collect emails and information from interested indiviuals around the state. Membership was and still is free. It kinda began out of a dispute between the CaliforniaXriders and Wilbur aka "Kingcobra". The cali boys were the first to start their own board and Wilbur wanted to keep it all in the VTXOA family by creating state chapters within the VTXOA, hence the http://http://www.vtxriders.com/ site.The cali boys for their own reasons didn't want to be under the umbrella of the VTXOA whom they had an on-going riff with. Wilbur who is a pretty nice guy was just trying to keep everyone from splitting off, at least that's the way it seemed at the time.  Keith and I volunteered to set up the Texasxrider site at about the same time many others around the country decided to set up state chapters. My involvement was two-fold. I wanted to help out Wilbur who I felt was being unfairly maligned and I also thought it was a cool idea. I can't speak for Keith but I'm guessing he felt the same way. We promoted it on the VTXOA site and that's were most of the original members came from. That was alot of emails to collect. Some how my email was listed first so you can guess who had to type out most of the "welcome. thanks for responding emails". People.... I'm a slow typist....but it was still fun...

The site was created and we were off and running setting up area coordinators for different regions of the state from those who basically volunteered. At about this time we started talking to Tapper who knew everything about Websites and had the resources to get it hosted for free ( I think). From there my involvement basically stopped because I knew nothing about web hosting and that's what was needed. Tapper took over for Keith and and really brought the organization to life.The rest is history. I basically started partying with all my new found friends who all shared a passion for the VTX (and consuming mass quanities of brew) 8)

As a side note Weedeater basically got his name for Jerry (atadude). He went riding with our kamikaze group through the twisties up in North Texas one day and the pace was somewhat fast as usual. Keith under estimated a turn and wound up whacking all the weeds down through that particular ditch. He spun around and came to a stop and was so surprised to be upright that he forgot to put his feet down and promptly fell over,hence the nickname given to him by atadude....Weedeater.... ;D

Good Stuff Mark! Getting down to the nitty gritty now!  O0 O0 O0

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »

Not sure I could add much to Mark's post, he pretty much nailed it.  Been a lot of good times.

Sorry I've been so quiet lately, but I'm still doing a lot of bikes, and the day job has been busy too, so I mostly read.  I've been riding a little more, and a little farther too lately, back seems to be doing a little better, so I'm cautiously stretching the miles out a bit.  I love to get out on the FM roads north of Dallas at night, feels so much like flying.

We need a dallas get-together, you know it?
Yeah, that Tapper.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2006, 08:21:40 PM »

We need a dallas get-together, you know it?
How about the Big Pro/ Strokers Gala event Saturday week, Tapper?
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Swampfox

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2006, 08:26:16 PM »

And then just to keep the story going Swampfox was told about the Texas X Riders by chance (Robert Olivera)  Cause the Swampfox to check out the Web Site.  I did and then that was the start of the Swampy and the rest is not to clear.   8)

BomberGirl

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2006, 09:59:44 PM »

And then just to keep the story going Swampfox was told about the Texas X Riders by chance (Robert Olivera)  Cause the Swampfox to check out the Web Site.  I did and then that was the start of the Swampy and the rest is not to clear.   8)

Yeah, and let's all be sure to thank Robert next time we see him.....  ::) :P ::)

evilashx

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2006, 11:02:53 PM »

Ok here goes, The TexasXriders board was began by Kieth Blevins(weedeater). The first three people involved in it were Keith, myself and a guy named Randy Parker. Basically it was all Keith as I knew then and still know nothing about wep pages..... He and I and Randy agreed to collect emails and information from interested indiviuals around the state. Membership was and still is free. It kinda began out of a dispute between the CaliforniaXriders and Wilbur aka "Kingcobra". The cali boys were the first to start their own board and Wilbur wanted to keep it all in the VTXOA family by creating state chapters within the VTXOA, hence the http://http://www.vtxriders.com/ site.The cali boys for their own reasons didn't want to be under the umbrella of the VTXOA whom they had an on-going riff with. Wilbur who is a pretty nice guy was just trying to keep everyone from splitting off, at least that's the way it seemed at the time.  Keith and I volunteered to set up the Texasxrider site at about the same time many others around the country decided to set up state chapters. My involvement was two-fold. I wanted to help out Wilbur who I felt was being unfairly maligned and I also thought it was a cool idea. I can't speak for Keith but I'm guessing he felt the same way. We promoted it on the VTXOA site and that's were most of the original members came from. That was alot of emails to collect. Some how my email was listed first so you can guess who had to type out most of the "welcome. thanks for responding emails". People.... I'm a slow typist....but it was still fun...

The site was created and we were off and running setting up area coordinators for different regions of the state from those who basically volunteered. At about this time we started talking to Tapper who knew everything about Websites and had the resources to get it hosted for free ( I think). From there my involvement basically stopped because I knew nothing about web hosting and that's what was needed. Tapper took over for Keith and and really brought the organization to life.The rest is history. I basically started partying with all my new found friends who all shared a passion for the VTX (and consuming mass quanities of brew) 8)

As a side note Weedeater basically got his name for Jerry (atadude). He went riding with our kamikaze group through the twisties up in North Texas one day and the pace was somewhat fast as usual. Keith under estimated a turn and wound up whacking all the weeds down through that particular ditch. He spun around and came to a stop and was so surprised to be upright that he forgot to put his feet down and promptly fell over,hence the nickname given to him by atadude....Weedeater.... ;D

Good Stuff Mark! Getting down to the nitty gritty now!  O0 O0 O0

I'm sure  left a few out and others can fill in the blanks..... It's been fun and I look forward for many years of fun and friendship to come. I hope to see all you guys in Galveston, BBT4 and beyond!!

Dusty

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2006, 02:30:49 PM »

I wrote Gary (Birdman) and ask him for some input on the subject. He basically confirmed what you guys have already metioned but also threw out some different names that I had not heard before.

This is Gary's response:

Where, what and when???  In August or September of 2001, I was contacted by Dave Baker, about meeting him and a couple of other X Riders at Joe's Crab Shack next to The Ballpark in Arlington.  If my memory serves me correct those early meets consisted of myself, Dave Baker, Eric Reed, Jason Jonas, Paul Mengle (spelling might be off), and Rick Peoples.  Later we had several others start meeting.  Dave Osborn (Nuke'Em), Mark Tamarchi, Richard Nixon (Tricky Sausage), Mark Enlow (Evilash), and others that I can't name right now (due to memory loss and/or computer crashes).  There were times we had the whole front row of the bike parking area taken.  In February of 2002 we were talking about starting Texas X Riders.  I looked at my primitive attempt at a logo, and the file date was around then.  Pete started showing up, and started pushing moving the meet & greets to Stroker's in Dallas.  I had a few months that due to health, I was down and not able to ride.  The rest is history, at least for the DFW group.  Keith Blevins, I believe, was originally from Vega which is 30 miles west of Amarillo, and may now live in Victoria.

Hope to get more active riding and making some events next year.  Just been too busy or the weather too hot.  I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind.  Have fun in Galveston.

My best,

Gary (Birdman)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2006, 03:54:36 PM »

I've been wracking my brain (a relatively effortless endeavor, I might add) to recall Keith's original handle before he was dubbed the Weedeater. Anybody remember what it was? And if any of you DFW guys see Jerry Chapman, tell him I said hi.
02 1800C

evilashx

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2006, 06:48:06 PM »

I wrote Gary (Birdman) and ask him for some input on the subject. He basically confirmed what you guys have already metioned but also threw out some different names that I had not heard before.

This is Gary's response:

Where, what and when???  In August or September of 2001, I was contacted by Dave Baker, about meeting him and a couple of other X Riders at Joe's Crab Shack next to The Ballpark in Arlington.  If my memory serves me correct those early meets consisted of myself, Dave Baker, Eric Reed, Jason Jonas, Paul Mengle (spelling might be off), and Rick Peoples.  Later we had several others start meeting.  Dave Osborn (Nuke'Em), Mark Tamarchi, Richard Nixon (Tricky Sausage), Mark Enlow (Evilash), and others that I can't name right now (due to memory loss and/or computer crashes).  There were times we had the whole front row of the bike parking area taken.  In February of 2002 we were talking about starting Texas X Riders.  I looked at my primitive attempt at a logo, and the file date was around then.  Pete started showing up, and started pushing moving the meet & greets to Stroker's in Dallas.  I had a few months that due to health, I was down and not able to ride.  The rest is history, at least for the DFW group.  Keith Blevins, I believe, was originally from Vega which is 30 miles west of Amarillo, and may now live in Victoria.

Hope to get more active riding and making some events next year.  Just been too busy or the weather too hot.  I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind.  Have fun in Galveston.

My best,

Gary (Birdman)

Yep ....I have sometimers too. Dave Baker was one of the earliest guys who helped out too and also Nukem and several others. It was a big joint effort and everyone pitched in. It seemed like the board had very little action on it until we started having the BBT, that and the Houston group really taking off and posting alot. For the longest time you would check post and maybe there were three for the day. Now look at it...My part was very small but I enjoyed it and am somewhat proud to have played a little part in it. Who knows this group may be going years from now and we may all be riding Yamaha's by then. ;D

evilashx

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2006, 06:50:21 PM »

I've been wracking my brain (a relatively effortless endeavor, I might add) to recall Keith's original handle before he was dubbed the Weedeater. Anybody remember what it was? And if any of you DFW guys see Jerry Chapman, tell him I said hi.

Bigcat ( I think) Jerry is riding a Goldwing now he told me. I was going to give him a call anyways. I'll tell him you said hi Jim....

texasbill

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2006, 09:22:04 PM »

what ever happened to ricster. tapper,pete,bdc was the first x riders i met.

Dusty

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2006, 02:25:38 PM »

what ever happened to ricster. tapper,pete,bdc was the first x riders i met.

I'm sure someone else knows more, but Ricster started his own webpage. Recently had major surgery and has lost a lot of wieght. I saw a pic of him a while back and almost didn't recognise him. He looked good.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal