Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?  (Read 18860 times)

VTXDEMON

Re: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 05:58:20 AM »

I know some of the originals were:

Mark (EvilashX)
Madscottsman
BDC
German Pete

???????????????????????????????????????????

I see that big pro's name is not in the list...  is attendance required????   ;)

I remeber finding the Ohio board and they send me a link to the Texas board...  I was so desperate to find someone to ride with or talk about VTX's that when I found the Ohio board, I asked them to make me a member... someone reply my email and said that maybe I was too far away to make any of their rides (lol) send me the link to the TX board and said that if I still wanted to be a memeber of the Ohio group, he would add my name to the roster. 

The first time I visited the TX Board, Weedeater and Tapper were in the chat room, they both welcome me to the board, Tapper got me all set up and I was in, think I was # 55 on the list, in the chat room I also met Brock and from then on is all been nothing but fun.  My group of friend more than double...  I don't think of me as anyone that help do anything for the X riders but I do remeber going to a M&G and there was only 5 or 6 of us,  (1shot1kill, Xrod, the two brothers Steven and Jay, Bryan aka Dwight's brother, Brock and Vernell sometimes would stop by, Jim would make it if he was not working)  They used to be held Tuesdays...  and you could talk to everyone at the table with out any problems...  Now is 20 to 40 people you have to move all over the place to say hi to everyone which is not too bad...  Over all this board is the best thing that happend to me from owing a VTX...  and for the record, I think I'm the first "Costa Rican" that joined the Board  :D does that cound as an original member???
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 06:23:30 AM by VTXDEMON »

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 06:30:23 AM »

I was on the board early as well then moved to Dallas and low and behold the first person I met was BDC. We went on a boreing ride where the leader was getting lost so we broke off and went back to Strokers and slammed down a few cold ones. We used to have a large group of VTX 'ers that met on Tuesdays at Strokers. We owned the place on Tuesday nights!

Damn, I miss my bros in Dallas :'(

I know Keith showed at the first or second Bluebonnet?
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Dusty

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 07:31:26 AM »

Hey Dusty,
I know that weedeater got the site up and running. We(German Pete, OB-Ken O'brien and very few others) used to hang out at Strokers and cruz around giving the Harley guy's hell. Big Al-txvtx came up with some killer performance mods for the VTX. He was one of the original owners that had fouling problems with his bike and discovered the timing issue with some of the earlier models(all at his own expense!) I've never really been one to hang out with groups and do the big group rides. Just prefer to ride on my own. I've seen this VTX community grow and think it's pretty cool to see so many VTX's out on the road. Tapper deserves a lot of credit for keeping this site together and all the work he does for the VTX community. I still keep tabs on everything around here so y'all be good!!!!!  O0

Good info Thor! Thanks! I'm with you on the big group rides.

If I can get enough bits and pieces of what people remember about those days, I think it would make an interesting read for new comers. Not to mention giving credit where credit is due for STARTING what is growing into just a whole bunch of GREAT PEOPLE and a source for a whole bunch of helpful info.

Ya'll keep it coming!  O0

Dusty

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 07:34:05 AM by Dusty »

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 12:06:10 PM »

I remember seeing an invitationt to a chat line - That's where I met Tapper and Weadeater.  They were trying to work out issuess with either the sight or the chat line.  But they suggested I join then and I did.  I think there may have been around a 100 members. . . can't remember the exact numbers but twernt alot.

That woulda been some where around early spring '03.

The ralley actually started as a state wide get together for a week end and ride. 

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 12:11:53 PM »

I was on the board early as well then moved to Dallas and low and behold the first person I met was BDC. We went on a boreing ride where the leader was getting lost so we broke off and went back to Strokers and slammed down a few cold ones. We used to have a large group of VTX 'ers that met on Tuesdays at Strokers. We owned the place on Tuesday nights!

I remember that ride - It was the leaders GPS going haywire that kept getting us lost - some one suggested he get a map - don't think that ever happened.

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 12:30:28 PM »

I remember seeing an invitationt to a chat line - That's where I met Tapper and Weadeater.  They were trying to work out issuess with either the sight or the chat line.  But they suggested I join then and I did.  I think there may have been around a 100 members. . . can't remember the exact numbers but twernt alot.

That woulda been some where around early spring '03.

The ralley actually started as a state wide get together for a week end and ride. 

Ok maybe it was more like 500, 5000 - H@!! I don't know - it's hell to get old (er) and it would have been around Feb or early March - it was still cool enough I was wearing my eskimo outfit.

I'd like to know what ever happened to "Pegleg" - met him on the first ride along with Tapper - haven't seen that guy since. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 12:39:08 PM by hangman »

Dusty

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 02:30:55 PM »

This is great!

Keep it coming, we'll have all the pieces to the puzzle in no time.  ;D ;D ;D

Brookster

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 07:11:46 AM »

Wow ,A while back I spoke with Weedeater and he sold his X to a fellow down in Corpus Christi.But a long time ago there was Big Pro, The Grunt (David),Rich and of coarse myself.We tore our VTXs up !! Then we meet up with Jim the lawman in New Caney and then came Gabe.Brock was a wanna be till he took the leap and he aint been the same since (in a good way). Then there was Bobby V. and Steve we had some cool parties .Then low and behold came Brian .Man it was and still is very cool ! With the weather getting better lets start getting some Saturday rides going !
PARTY HARD RIDE HARDER !

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 09:34:47 AM »

JOEY...where you and Carla been?

Chunk the llama.

Brookster

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 01:54:47 PM »

We're still here .I've gone back to school at San Jac. and you know class would be on Wednesday nights.Maybe we can move one  M&G on a Thursday night and we'll meet up .
Back to story :I think we were the original H-Town riders and we really rode alot .We would meet and ride for the day.Even old Dusty set up a ride and lunch one Sat. remember that one Bill .Shoot we even had a tech sesson at Hipshots in the middle of Feb. I think and it was freezing.Thats where we met Marigold !
Weedeater hung around alot and hell I don't think any of us had ever meet Tapper till the first BBT. Man tons of stories and they just keep going !!
Oh Yea and Big Pro was #@$%^$#@ back then too !!
LOL !!!
PARTY HARD RIDE HARDER !

Brookster

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006, 02:01:12 PM »

Hell Paul,
When we first started riding did we know about the Texas X riders .
PARTY HARD RIDE HARDER !

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2006, 02:15:53 PM »

ha...that tech session is in the gallery here.  It was pretty freakin cold.  I'll find it.

Here it is..  http://wwwtemp.texasxriders.com/v/album12/TechSession/

COLD BRUTHA
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 02:18:09 PM by j1mmyj4m »
Chunk the llama.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2006, 02:57:10 PM »

Hell Paul,
When we first started riding did we know about the Texas X riders .

yes, we started the Houston X riders at the beginning of it all O0
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

evilashx

• Old Timer
    • www.AccurateConstructionTexas.com
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2006, 03:19:29 PM »

Ok here goes, The TexasXriders board was began by Kieth Blevins(weedeater). The first three people involved in it were Keith, myself and a guy named Randy Parker. Basically it was all Keith as I knew then and still know nothing about wep pages..... He and I and Randy agreed to collect emails and information from interested indiviuals around the state. Membership was and still is free. It kinda began out of a dispute between the CaliforniaXriders and Wilbur aka "Kingcobra". The cali boys were the first to start their own board and Wilbur wanted to keep it all in the VTXOA family by creating state chapters within the VTXOA, hence the http://http://www.vtxriders.com/ site.The cali boys for their own reasons didn't want to be under the umbrella of the VTXOA whom they had an on-going riff with. Wilbur who is a pretty nice guy was just trying to keep everyone from splitting off, at least that's the way it seemed at the time.  Keith and I volunteered to set up the Texasxrider site at about the same time many others around the country decided to set up state chapters. My involvement was two-fold. I wanted to help out Wilbur who I felt was being unfairly maligned and I also thought it was a cool idea. I can't speak for Keith but I'm guessing he felt the same way. We promoted it on the VTXOA site and that's were most of the original members came from. That was alot of emails to collect. Some how my email was listed first so you can guess who had to type out most of the "welcome. thanks for responding emails". People.... I'm a slow typist....but it was still fun...

The site was created and we were off and running setting up area coordinators for different regions of the state from those who basically volunteered. At about this time we started talking to Tapper who knew everything about Websites and had the resources to get it hosted for free ( I think). From there my involvement basically stopped because I knew nothing about web hosting and that's what was needed. Tapper took over for Keith and and really brought the organization to life.The rest is history. I basically started partying with all my new found friends who all shared a passion for the VTX (and consuming mass quanities of brew) 8)

As a side note Weedeater basically got his name for Jerry (atadude). He went riding with our kamikaze group through the twisties up in North Texas one day and the pace was somewhat fast as usual. Keith under estimated a turn and wound up whacking all the weeds down through that particular ditch. He spun around and came to a stop and was so surprised to be upright that he forgot to put his feet down and promptly fell over,hence the nickname given to him by atadude....Weedeater.... ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 03:29:59 PM by evilashx »

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

Hey thanks Evilashx - I had asked him a couple of times how he came to that name - never got move than a chuckle.

Guess I can understand that one first hand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal