Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New milestone  (Read 2600 times)

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
New milestone
« on: September 05, 2008, 08:11:27 AM »

Had another first this morning.

Got my very first speeding ticket.  O0  It was a good one too.  52 in a 35.  :o

What's even better... I was about a block away from my house.  Almost made it.

Looks like I'll be driving like a granny for the next 180 days.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: New milestone
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »

My personal best is 95 in a 65.  The Trooper wasn't amused.
Chunk the llama.

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 02:24:16 PM »

Wow, that's impressive! I think I'll try to stay away from that kind of violation haha
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:39:19 PM »

Good on ya, Not for speeding, but for not being a whinney butt about it. Yes it sucks to get caught. Most of us don't obey the speed limit all the time. Often people blame the cop or what ever it takes to justify their action.
You took it on the chin, and made no excuses. I am not a cop, but I admire a person who admits it when he was in the wrong. 

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 02:49:39 PM »

Haven't got my speeding ticket yet. But it's coming. My throttle is faster than my wallet. ::) ;D
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »

Good on ya, Not for speeding, but for not being a whinney butt about it. Yes it sucks to get caught. Most of us don't obey the speed limit all the time. Often people blame the cop or what ever it takes to justify their action.
You took it on the chin, and made no excuses. I am not a cop, but I admire a person who admits it when he was in the wrong. 

Why bother making excuses.  For the amount of times I go over the speed limit, I should have hundreds of tickets by now.  I've been lucky more than my fair share of times.

RedDragon

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 07:51:18 PM »

Wow, that's impressive! I think I'll try to stay away from that kind of violation haha

You want to be impressed, you need to hang around bayou-biker! ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 08:20:06 PM »

A friend of mine got one last year for 94/35..................on one wheel! We heard the stop over the radio, and ragged him mercilessly when he showed up that night.
02 1800C

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »

You want to be impressed, you need to hang around bayou-biker! ;D ;D ;D

hahaha...tru dat.
Chunk the llama.

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 06:41:28 AM »

I got caught doing 105 in a 35 in Cockrell Hill when I was about 18, on my kz1000. I was at a red light, about 9pm, I left the light in the right lane and a car was behind me with lights on bright. So I move to the left lane, he follows, I go to the right lane, he follows. This all happened in the first 300 feet. So being as smart a man as I was at the time.... I let him have it. Front tire off the ground, going as fast as she would go. As soon as I nailed it, I seen a car swerve from behind the car that was messing with me, it was a cop, hit me with his lights. HE saw the whole thing!!!      Pulled me over and said "You shoulda kept running, almost made it to city limits" Well I wasn't runnin from the cops, so I pulled over.... Duh.   I explained what happened, he said "yup thats what I saw".

Gave me 105 in a 35, no m/c endorsement, no insurance, broken tail light lens, Dented my bike up towing it, took me to jail   LOL.   When I got there, made me take my shoe laces off, guess so I would not hang myself or something. That was an experience. Had to get my Dad to ride my bike home after they bailed my out TWO days later. Judge cut the speeding in half, that helped a lot. Still cost me about 800 bucks in all...   

AHHHH the good ole days......    :o :o

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 09:49:19 AM »

When I got there, made me take my shoe laces off, guess so I would not hang myself or something. That was an experience. Had to get my Dad to ride my bike home after they bailed my out TWO days later. Judge cut the speeding in half, that helped a lot. Still cost me about 800 bucks in all...   

AHHHH the good ole days......    :o :o

;D

I'm suprised they didn't have twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy pictures with circles and arrows with a paragraph on the back of them documenting the crime.   ;D ;D ;D

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »

they did, but the father rapists took em and made em into litter

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 11:28:24 AM »

Haven't got my speeding ticket yet. But it's coming. My throttle is faster than my wallet. ::) ;D
BTW, know what the difference in GA is between a complete and rolling stop? It's $78.75.....don't ask me how or why I know that.  O0
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal