Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 3-5 Oct 2008 White Buffalo Bikefest in Snyder TX  (Read 22802 times)

rbljack

• Tejano
Re: 3-5 Oct 2008 White Buffalo Bikefest in Snyder TX
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2008, 02:25:02 AM »

I can bring my grill down there for the weekend..thats no problem, if people think it will be beneficial.
There is a lot of food vendors right there at the collosiem, and good places to eat off the grounds too. I'll be working one of the gates from Noon to 4 on Friday I think..if I see a VTX, I'll be asking if your one of "us"...LOL!

To find the list of resturants, just go to the Yahoo home page, then select yellow pages, then select Snyder as your location (zipcode is 79549), and then click the food tab and you can see whats available for restuarants, etc.

VTREX.....are you still on the fence or coming??..LOL

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:27:50 AM by rbljack »
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2008, 05:30:14 PM »

We will be leaving Houston Thurs. morning like last year.  See you Thurs. afternoon/evening.  Are we going to be able to get in?
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2008, 06:24:26 PM »

Just dropped the bike off this evening for service and new rubber on the front...  should be ready tomorrow or at the latest thursday, I got a meeting from 10 til noon friday, then I throw on some leather and hit the road asap! 

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2008, 01:37:11 AM »

Sounds good murray. I'll be attempting to set up a tent today (wed) if they will let me) in our spot from last year! Also, I will probably be working one of the gates on Friday as a volunteer from Noon till 4 PM. Also, for everybody coming out.....here is my number so you can contact us while your here:

Three Two Five, Two Zero Seven, One Four Seven Three    O0

IN fact, I think I'll be working the Gate closest to the Town and Country on 37th Street, so maybe I'll see some of ya pulling in!

If anybody visiting has a question or needs some help with anything, don't hesitate to call.

FOR THOSE ON THE FENCE ABOUT COMING.....COMMIT and MAKE THE TRIP!! YOU WONT REGRET IT.
FOR THOSE COMING FOR SURE.....HAVE A GREAT RIDE, AND SEE YA WHEN YOU GET HERE.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY LAST MINUTE QUESTIONS THEY NEED ANSWERED? Contact me before FRIDAY on here, or call on my cell after that. I WILL NOT BE on the computer much over the weekend. Most of the weekend is spent riding, or over at the Rally Grounds.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2008, 09:41:03 AM »

Can you camp in the zoo on thursday night too? or just fri/sat?
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2008, 05:01:08 PM »

I believe you can camp Thursday as well...  I just got off the phone with Bob, and there are some people setting up camp tonight, so I assume camping from now through the weekend is permitted...

Bob got the same corner for us as last year, The place with the most (only) shade!!!  Good Stuff!!!

Here's where we'll be, and the best way to get there I believe...  Click the image to make it bigger...

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2008, 07:11:46 PM »

Officallly, they start letting people set up on thrursday, but I know the a few of the people on the commitee, so they havent made a fuss about me setting up on Wed. For those who didnt want to have to pack a tent, but would like to come.....we will have 2 (maybe 3) extra tents available if someone wishes to use them. They will be down at the grounds, so if ya want to use them, all ya gotta do is set it up when ya get here, and then we ask that you take it back down before you leave on sunday. If your interested in one of them.....reserve them within this post. By doing that, we wont have too many people and not enough tents....LOL!!

I'll be working the gate on friday until 4 pm, and after that, Myself and Murray will run by my house and get the grill which will be available for people to use over the weekend. Everyone thats coming is welcome to use it if we are not around....so you can run by the local shopping center (United) and pick up steaks, burgers etc for ease of cooking. I'm going to bring about 8 pounds of deer meat patties, hamburger buns, lettece, cheese, etc for Friday Nights meet and greet, so first come first serve....LOL. When they are gone they're gone>>BUT the grill will still be around all weekend to use for whatever.

Speaking of gates, here is a quick description of what to do when you get into town. To find our camp area, you can enter GATE 2 which is on 37th Street. After entering the gate, look to your right and our camp area is ALL THE WAY at the end of that fence line back in the corner.

They are setting up something new this year. They have a HUGE outdoor stage and lighting set up which im guessing might be for the Friday night concert. Should be cool!! Its about 100 yards out in front of our camp area in the middle of the ZOO camp area.

Now.....for those definitly coming, try and convince a few more to join ya! We (Myself and Murray) would like to see this event grow each year for the Texas X riders and VTXOA. It will be worth the trip, and wont have to listen to those that DID come tell ya how much fun they had (and that you SHOULD have come....LOL)!!   O0

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:27:56 PM by rbljack »

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2008, 07:52:12 PM »

I would like to officially reserve a tent if i may. i'll just be needing it saturday night. one less thing i've got to pack now. O0
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2008, 08:15:09 PM »

I want the spot I had last year right under the tree. O0 ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:36:18 PM by DAR-Silver Surfer »
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »

OK....one tent is reserved for Saturday..consider it done   O0.

Its a small 4 or 5 man dome tent, and easy to set up.

One left, and I think its a bit larger....more of a cabin tent, so it can hold a few people.

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2008, 08:23:35 PM »

Here's something else for everyone to consider:

If you have stuff for your VTX that you have been wanting to sell or trade, bring it with ya. It might be a good place to do that, and then you can save by not paying shipping, etc.

Just something to consider.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »

Hey man, can I stay in the other tent?  I got one, but it is WAY small, and basically open at the top...  Thanks!  I'll put it up & take it down...

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2008, 09:47:05 PM »

Michael...sure wish that I could make the ride to the West.  But the season is in full swing and will work thru the weekend.  You guys watch out for each other and have a blast.  If you really do it right you may even see a white buffalo.  Have fun!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

B. Fowler
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2008, 09:58:53 PM »

Yep...its yours to use Murray, no problem. Both tents are now accounted for.

DAR DAVE...if your coming on thursday...you should be able to get the same spot as last year. I put my tent in a different location, along with a 10x10 canopy which will provide more shade. Give me a hollar when ya get here. I'll be around because I took vacation today through the weekend. I got our area reserved today, and tomorrow I'm hoping to wash my bike and get the 1300 miles of road grime and bugs off my bike from the Ruidoso trip. It may take me a few washing sessions over the next few weeks to get all the crap off, so it may NOT be detailed and clean for this one.

OH hey...not sure if anybody has heard or not, but they are hoping to have the DYNO drags set up this year too. That way, you can get your bike on a Dyno, AND race somebody without ever getting a ticket....LOL> I think it will be 30 bucks to run it. Last I heard, it was coming for this year!! I'll find more info out tomorrow or friday for sure. If your not familar with the set up, you pull your bikes up side by side onto this trailer. They strap both bikes in, and watch the "tree" just like a drag strip. The bikes are stationary, but you run through the gears and race each other. At the same time, the bike is somehow being measured by the Dyno machine for horsepower and torque (Im assuming). I havent seen it in action yet.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:12:34 PM by rbljack »

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2008, 10:47:24 PM »

Thanks Beaux!  Good Luck out there!

And Thanks for the Tent Bob!  I'll catch ya at the gate Friday!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal