Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: maint. package info needed  (Read 1978 times)

BigNasdy

• Old Timer
    • American veteran Pool Table Sevice
maint. package info needed
« on: May 29, 2008, 08:31:15 AM »

so I bought the maint. pakg. from the dealer, cause quite frankly, Im tired of wrenching.......
anyone do this? If so, what was your experience...... down time for valve adjustments......out of pocket expense?( there has to be something they charge ya for Im sure).....
any help appreciated.
d

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
Re: maint. package info needed
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 08:58:36 AM »

I bought it too...  Mines at Al Lamb right now for the 8000 mile service...  As long as I make an appt they don't keep the bike overnight.  I decided at the last minute to get new tires too, so this time they did keep it overnight, looks like their svc dept is hopping this time of year.   It's nice to get all the free oil changes you want - For those, I don't even call, I just show up and am out of there within an hour.  Having the maint program puts you at the front of the line.  Haven't paid a penny, other than the tires & mount.

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

BigNasdy

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:04:59 AM »

mines at Als too, the program I mean....havent takin the bike there yet......
I have 1500 miles on it, and the valves are starting to  chatter a little.....guess that 140 mph indicated run to whiteright lossened em up a bit LOl
Sounds like it may be a good experience afterall......personly, Ive never let anyone work on my bikes but me.....til now.... a little apprehensive......
thanx for the reply!
d

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 09:22:08 AM »

Well that brings up a good question...  The maint schedule doesn't call for a valve adjustment until 8000 miles.  If you go in and ask them for it at 1500 miles, dunno if they'll want to charge you for coloring outside the lines...  I think the powerhouse thing is only supposed to cover the regular maint schedule...  Or maybe warranty will cover it...  Let us know...

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 12:01:01 PM »

If I recall, they want you to bring your bike in around 1000 to have it's first check up and a valve adjustment is part of that check up.  I didn't get the maintenance program for my bike in January but was in the service dept when a guy brought his Goldwing in under one and they treated him like he was the president (I should clarify, a popular president  ;D)
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

BigNasdy

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 01:28:40 PM »

Riiiiight..... :D
I spoke with them today....have an appt next thursday.
He said valve adjust should be at 4000, but bring it in for oil, and they will listen to it with me, and adjust if needed.....and no charge at all.......cool ....I guess..lol....we will see.....
...I gotta admit Im a little scared of havin someone else do anthing to it....heck, I had to re adust a few things day one, and one thing was ,the Bars werent centered, and the steering stem too loose....now how high tek is that?.....but they "know what they r doin"....LOL
thanx
d

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:25:09 PM »

Got mine back from the 8K service just now...  The bill would've been $595 without the prog...   If I ignore the fact that if I had done it all myself the cost would've only been oil, filter, & plugs, and maybe a few special tools, I've already gotten back most of the grand for the program and haven't had it a year yet.  I don't mind letting somebody else work on it**...  I'm capable of doing it myself, but I'm also capable of stripping threads, breaking off bolt heads, dropping and losing tiny irreplaceable parts and busting knuckles.

** As long as they actually do the work and not just tell me they did

BigNasdy

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 08:46:54 PM »

thats refreshing news...I like to hear some positive experiences....seems like always neg. comments on such things....
thanx again!
d

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 09:14:57 AM »

I've always been happy with Al Lambs service.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 10:22:08 AM »

listen.... that's funny.  Sounds like a good deal other than that scary little statement.
My now long gone VTX...

BigNasdy

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 10:29:05 PM »

well....seams like it went well so far....bill was 119 but didnt cost anything under the program.
Was in and out in 45 mins....got a free capachino to boot! LoL
thanx
d

ChipsMayhem

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 08:02:08 PM »

I bought mine from Pasadena Honda. I had 18k on the bike when it ran out. I loved it, and it was well worth the money. I got the fast service as well. But I recently had to take her in for warrenty work, (front left fork seal started leaking, funny how I found out about it, I was at my dad's house checking out his new Moto Guzzi, when he told me my bike was leaking oil. :o I told him "NO WAY, Honda's DON'T LEAK OIL" well I looked and sure enough oil on the ground right by my "X". I figured out it was the fork seal and called Honda, they said bring it in and they would fix it) Anyawy, I brought it in on a Friday, I got a call Tuesday, the warrenty work had been approved, I got the bike back Firday. So I was down a week for a fork seal leak, But to top it off, the stealership charged me $35.00 to take the windshield off and put it back on. >:(. Had I know they where gonna do that, I would've pulled off the windshield myself before I brought it in.. But in any event, the maint. package is a good deal if your really gonna ride your "X". I had a friend who bought a 750 Shawdow, had it 3 years and only had 3500 miles on it. But if your gonna ride it alot, it's a great deal.. Good luck and keep the pretty side up!! O0
2003 1800C Candy Red VTX. Cool X Air Box, Custom luggage rack & back rest, Paladin Highway Bars, Memphis Fats Windscreen, Progressive fork springs, Kuryakyn grips, AMA member, MRF member, Patriot Guard member, Nellie Rose is her name.. VTX on a budget!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal