Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Houston Meet & Greet 4/23 - Jax Grill - Central  (Read 3569 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Houston Meet & Greet 4/23 - Jax Grill - Central
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:48:46 AM »

Is there still going to be a M&G for tomorrow 4/23???  If so has a place been picked yet?

Edited by j1mmyj4m:  Per Sherri's suggestion -

Jax Grill
1613 Shepherd Dr
Houston, TX 77007
(713) 861-5529

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116132042084301611324.000440f465562842c7e77&ll=29.933515,-95.336609&spn=0.937792,1.829224&z=10&iwloc=000440fc1326a5f27ba96

Rotation got a bit off, but we'll start over with central.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 12:54:13 PM by j1mmyj4m »
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
Re: 4/23 M&G
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »

Wondering this myself? I haven't made the last 2 due to family in town. Looking at the list of M&G spots to rotate from wondering where to next? Didn't I see a link to a map of all the locations around houston somewhere? I can't seem to find it again?

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »

How about Jax Grill 1613 Shepherd Dr

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 12:33:52 PM »

Didn't I see a link to a map of all the locations around houston somewhere? I can't seem to find it again?
If you go to the Houston Meet and Greet section and click on one of the M&G that Brock has set up, then it gives you a google map with all the locations on it.
"Lucky" Connie
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »

I'm going to setup the next 4-5 weeks.  I was going to do it this weekend, but the site was jacked up. 
Chunk the llama.

Wild Bill05

• Tejano
  • My Pride and Joy 05' VTX 1800R
Re: Houston Meet & Greet 4/23 - Jax Grill - Central
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »

;)  Hey it all depends on the  J o B!  They keep moving schedules around.  But will try.

P.S. souldn't I have 2 stars for meetings??????  Or what are they for? sorry dummy here.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:39:29 PM by Wild Bill05 »
Believe that the ride is free! And we are free to enjoy the ride!    "Bikes
are everywhere! So Look twice!"

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »

It is looking like Wayne and I will be there tomorrow night.
"Lucky" Connie

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 06:00:38 PM »

P.S. souldn't I have 2 stars for meetings??????  Or what are they for? sorry dummy here.
Not saying that I know it all, altho sometimes I act like it  ::), the stars seem to correspond to the number of posts you have.  Trailer Queens have one star, Rider's have two stars, Tejano's have three stars and Old Timer's have four stars, etc...... 
"Lucky" Connie

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:46:46 PM »

Not saying that I know it all, altho sometimes I act like it  ::), the stars seem to correspond to the number of posts you have.  Trailer Queens have one star, Rider's have two stars, Tejano's have three stars and Old Timer's have four stars, etc...... 

Okay Miss Smartie Pants  ;D ;D ;D

Explain the meaning of Tejano to this Yankee please!  ;)

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 04:30:21 AM »

Okay Miss Smartie Pants  ;D ;D ;D

Heck, I just wanna hear her explanation of why she's an OLD TIMER! Ducks and runs
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Wild Bill05

• Tejano
  • My Pride and Joy 05' VTX 1800R
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 06:59:38 AM »

:(  Ok, Count me out. JOB, gotta work tonight but you guys have a fun one. Also send links to a few others interested in club.

Oh, and didn't mean to start a fight about the stars. Still trying to figure this all out. If there is a reference somewhere let me know.
Thanks Wild Bill05
Believe that the ride is free! And we are free to enjoy the ride!    "Bikes
are everywhere! So Look twice!"

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 08:06:34 AM »

Geezzzz, you are making me think this early in the morning...ok, so here is my version of it for you LoneWolfe
One Star is given to the Trailer Queens cause they deserve some credit for finally getting their butts down here to the THE state to be in and getting on this forum
Two Stars are given to the Riders cause they have shown enough grits to stick it out in our glorious state
Three Stars are given to the Tejanos (Tex-Mex) cause if you have been around this long then you must have started to develop an addiction to our staple food here
Four Stars are given to the Old Timers cause we have dusted off all our newness and appear to be here for the long run...
beyong 4 stars I can not speak from experience

And in response to your post Lover Boy....I wear the title of old timer proudly cause I am experienced  :o ...in what I will not discuss  ::).
"Lucky" Connie

RedDragon

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 08:52:57 AM »

Geezzzz, you are making me think this early in the morning...ok, so here is my version of it for you LoneWolfe
One Star is given to the Trailer Queens cause they deserve some credit for finally getting their butts down here to the THE state to be in and getting on this forum
Two Stars are given to the Riders cause they have shown enough grits to stick it out in our glorious state
Three Stars are given to the Tejanos (Tex-Mex) cause if you have been around this long then you must have started to develop an addiction to our staple food here
Four Stars are given to the Old Timers cause we have dusted off all our newness and appear to be here for the long run...
beyong 4 stars I can not speak from experience

And in response to your post Lover Boy....I wear the title of old timer proudly cause I am experienced  :o ...in what I will not discuss  ::).

Geesh Lucky, he just asked for the meaning of Tejano.

Here it is:

Tejano (Spanish for "Texan"; archaic spelling Texano) is a term used to identify individuals of Hispanic descent born and living in the U.S. state of Texas.

In 1821, at the end of the Mexican War of Independence, there were about 4,000 Tejanos living in Texas. In the 1820s, many Anglo settlers moved to Texas from the United States. By 1830, the 30,000 settlers in Texas outnumbered the Tejanos two to one. The Anglos and Tejanos alike rebelled against the centralized authority of Mexico City and the draconian measures implemented by the Santa Anna regime. Tensions between the central Mexican government and the settlers eventually led to the Texas Revolution.

Tejanos may variously consider themselves to be Spanish, Mexican and Hispanic in ethnicity.[1] In urban areas as well as some rural communities, Tejanos tend to be well integrated into both Hispanic and mainstream American cultures and a number of them, especially among younger generations, identify more with the mainstream and may understand little or no Spanish.

It is necessary to draw this distinction because the people who came from Mexico starting just before, during, and after the Mexican Revolution to today are and were of a different ethnic heritage from the people who colonized Texas during the Spanish Colonial Period, of a different history.

While a large number of the people who have come from Mexico since the Mexican Revolution up until the present have drawn their identity from the mestizos or genizaros and had their history and identity in the history of Mexico, the majority of the people who colonized Texas in the Spanish Colonial Period were and drew their identity from the Spaniards and the criollos, and had their history and identity in the history of Spain and of the United States as a consequence of the participation of Spain and its colonial provinces of Texas and Louisiana in the American Revolution.

This difference caused the people of Texas, the colonial Tejanos or Tejano Texians, to identify more with the people of Louisiana, which was a Spanish colony, and of the U.S., rather than with the people of Mexico. For this reason as early as 1813 the colonial Tejanos established a government in Texas that looked forward to becoming part of the United States.

As revealed by the writings of colonial Tejano Texians such as Antonio Menchaca, the Texas Revolution was first and foremost a colonial Tejano cause, the Anglo Americans simply joined the colonial Tejanos in that cause, having been invited and recruited to do so by the colonial Tejanos, the Tejano Texians.[2][3][4]

When Anglos first arrived in Texas, Tejano settlements consisted of three separate regions. The Northern Nacogdoches region, the Bexar-Goliad region along the San Antonio River, and the Rio Grande ranching frontier between the Nueces River and the Rio Grande. These populations shared certain characteristics yet they were also independent from one another. The main unifying factor for these separate regions was their shared responsibility of defending the Texas frontier.

Ranching was a major element in the Bexar-Goliad settlement which was comprised of a belt of ranches extended along the San Antonio river between Bexar and Goliad. The Nacogdoches settlement was located in the Northern Texas region. Tejanos from Nacogdoches traded with the French and Anglo residents of Louisiana and were culturally influenced by them. The third settlement was located North of the Rio Grande toward the Nueces river. These Southern ranchers were former citizens of Tamaulipas and Northern Mexico and identified with their Mexican culture.[5] They were of the same stock as the original Tejano settlers. Case in point is the fact that the Northern Mexican states of Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, and Coahuila seceded from Mexico in 1840 to establish la República del Río Grande (the Rio Grande Republic) with its capital in what is now Laredo, Texas. However, their much anticipated political marriage with their Tejano kin did not come to fruition.

The majority of Tejanos today are white Hispanics mostly consisting of Spanish Americans, with some of most Mexican Americans whose ancestors arrived in Texas prior to and during the Mexican Revolution. [1] Colonial Tejanos, who can be correctly identified as Tejano Texians, are descended from the colonists who pioneered Texas as citizens of the Kingdom of Spain through the Spanish Colonial Period starting in the 1600s through the 1800s up to the Texas Revolution and who were generally of pure Spaniard blood, or hispanicized European heritage, including Frenchmen like Juan Seguin, Italian like Jose Cassiano, or Corsican like Antonio Navarro, generally of white Mediterranean race. Germans, Poles, Czechs, Swedes, Irish (see also Irish Mexican), Scots, Welsh, and Anglo Americans - who arrived in the nineteenth century – were also considered Tejanos as they were Hispanicized and the former three racial groups contributed greatly to Tex-Mex music. Among them were black Africans, both enslaved and freed, and Amerindians who had integrated socially and religiously into colonial societies. There were also people of mixed blood among them ranging from mulattos to mestizos [6][7][8][9] who were excluded by the Spanish law of "limpieza de sangre", purity of blood, from participating in the colonization of Northern New Spain including Texas and the American Southwest and many Asians and Arabs with ancestry from Mexico where they adopted Mexican culture speaking Spanish and moved to Texas during Mexican Revolution. For these reasons a colonial Tejano, or Tejano Texian or Tejano Texan, which today can also include a mestizo and mulatto with Asians and Arabs, is more accurately classified as a "Spaniard Texan" or "Spaniard Texian" or "Spanish Texan" or "Spanish Texian" or "Spanish American" or as a "Texan of Spanish heritage", as opposed to the more familiar "new Tejano" who is of Mexican heritage. Included in the most Tejanos today are Hispanics of other national groups who settled Texas in the mid-20th century.

In direct relation to this distinction, genuinely Tejano music is related and sounds more like the folk music of Louisiana known as "Cajun" music blended with the sounds of Rock and Roll, R&B, Pop, and Country with some influences of Mariachi. The American Cowboy culture and music was born from the meeting of the Anglo-American Texians who were colonists from the American South and the original Tejano Texian pioneers and their "vaquero" or "cow man" culture.[10][11][12][13]

In the Spanish language, the term "tejano" is simply the term to identify an individual from Texas regardless of race or ethnic background. During the Spanish Colonial Period of Texas, before Texas was wrested from Spain and became a part of Mexico in 1821, the colonial settlers of Northern New Spain, including Texas and the American Southwest, understood themselves to be and called themselves Spaniards[14], as opposed to the people of Central and Southern Mexico who generally understood themselves to be and called themselves mestizos or Amerindians or Mexicans. This is also a crucially important reason why the term "Spaniard Texan" rather than "Mexican Texan" is more correctly applied to the Tejano Texians, and to their descendants.

The majority of Tejanos of both first generation (the first settlers) and those who descend from recent early and mid twentieth century Mexican immigrants are concentrated in Southern Texas. Bexar county, especially San Antonio, is the historic center of Tejano culture. Duval county has one of the highest concentrations of Tejanos.

;D ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RedDragon

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 09:01:29 AM »

Anyone meeting on the Northside?

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »

Geezzzz Red Dragon, I didn't realize that you were a novelist  ;) ;D ;D
I guess my attempt at being cute was not successful  :(
"Lucky" Connie
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal