Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beautiful day  (Read 2061 times)

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
Beautiful day
« on: January 05, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »

I just got back from two hours of cruising around town.  Man is it beautiful out.  I hope you all are getting the opportunity to ride as well.  I was happy to see some other scoots on the road, as I hadn't really seen anyone else out there the past few days.  I'm heading back out for a few more miles.  O0

Born to ride.  O0
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Dusty

Re: Beautiful day
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »

It rained at my house all day. I went 20 miles South in my truck and it had hardly even sprinkled. Wierd weather.

mudfrogg

• Old Timer
    • www.dallaspi.com
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »

Yup a little windy but just got in from east Texas Gun Barrell City back road to Tyler, about 400 miles, may head north to Whitesborrow from dukes tomorrow.

Found a great little place to eat in Frankston.  Meet up with a few riders going in all directions.

Should be even better tomorrow. O0 :D

PopsVTX

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one out and about today.  Sure was nice to have 70 degrees and sunshine after all the cold nights lately.  Supposed to be 78 and sunny tomorrow.  Might be good day to go to Jefferson and on down to Caddo Lake.  Have fun tomorrow and be safe out there.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »

Another beautiful day in the panhandle, If you don't take into account the wind. It lets up, when the sun goes down. I didn't ride today.   

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 10:25:23 PM »

Another beautiful day in the panhandle, If you don't take into account the wind. It lets up, when the sun goes down. I didn't ride today.   
Ride with the wind till sundown then ride back ::) ::) O0 O0 O0 O0
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Pug

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »

I just got back from two hours of cruising around town.  Man is it beautiful out.  I hope you all are getting the opportunity to ride as well. 

TWO HOURS???!!! You yahoo! LOL!  (j/k)

We left Dallas at 8AM, crossed the red river around 11:00, had lunch north of Durant at some neat little dive, rode back west to Pottsborro, Whitesborro, Denton, and then home again. There just wasn't enough daylight! Gorgeous day, lots of bikes, give it a 9.5 on the "oh baby" scale...

O0 O0 O0
2006 1800R Spec2 Lightly Farkled -- RIP: ST1300 ABS / BMW R1100RT / 2008 GL1800 / 2006 VTX 1300S / 1997 Aspencade 1500

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 10:48:32 PM »

I just got back from two hours of cruising around town.  Man is it beautiful out.  I hope you all are getting the opportunity to ride as well. 

We left Dallas at 8AM, crossed the red river around 11:00, had lunch north of Durant at some neat little dive, rode back west to Pottsborro, Whitesborro, Denton, and then home again. There just wasn't enough daylight! Gorgeous day, lots of bikes, give it a 9.5 on the "oh baby" scale...

O0 O0 O0

That sounds great... but I don't know my way around yet and don't have GPS so I'm a little limited on where I venture to.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

LoneWolf

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 11:01:01 PM »

O0 O0 O0

That sounds great... but I don't know my way around yet and don't have GPS so I'm a little limited on where I venture to.

That's why you get a map, put it in someplace, and ride until you need it. Best way to learn where you are is to just ride around. If you don't want to get lost, then find a good buddy that knows the area and head on out.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 01:19:16 AM »

Hit 70 degrees in El Paso today. Everyone ridin bikes but me. I had to spend the last 2 days doing my first rejetting on the bike. It still sucks when accelerating and backfires. A friend of mine(motorcycle genius) is finally gonna look at it. Needless to say I was crying all day as everyone rode by on their bikes.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal