Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TX inspection sticker  (Read 39212 times)

Silver Bullet

• Tejano
  • Humble, TX
TX inspection sticker
« on: December 10, 2007, 06:45:32 AM »

Anybody got any good ideas (with photos) for displaying the TX inspection sticker? I have searched the gallery but can't find many rear end photos.

I need to get mine on the new bike before I get stopped but it kills me to have it sticking out like a sore thumb after I have put much effort to clean up the bike's looks.
2006 VTX1300S

bgreer

Re: TX inspection sticker
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:54:56 AM »

Contact Claw on this board

Look right above the license plate, mounted to the lower shock bolt

Christbiker

• Tejano
  • '04 RUNE
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/TX/McKinney.gif[/img]
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:08:27 AM »

It depends on the bike   but there is almost always an alternative spot to place your sticker   sometimes you have to get creative.    a few HD boys I ride with that have baggers just put them in their bags.  I have stored them out of site myself in the past with no problems.  I've been riding 40+ years and have never been stopped for not having a sticker visiable.
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff309/Christbiker_bucket_
BLESSINGS                                                     let the music play the band

wearevenom2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Garland Tx
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »

Txcruiser

• Old Timer
    • TxCruiser's MySpace
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »

Just putting them in your bag or in your wallet is not the best idea and can get you a ticket:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/publications/rules/safety_manual/Chapter%203.htm#20.04

20.04 Certificate Mounting Procedures for Motorcycles, Motor-Driven Cycles, and Mopeds
1. On the Vehicle (Optional).  Punch the month of issuance and year of expiration.  Remove the certificate’s back paper and attach the certificate face up on the vehicle’s rear fender or any other visible location on the rear near its license plate.

Place the certificate in place and apply firmly.  OR

2. Backing Plate (Optional - to be furnished by cycle owner).  Punch the month of issuance and year of expiration.  Remove  the certificate’s back paper and attach the certificate face up on the backing plate which is mounted on the cycle near the license plate for this purpose.  Place the certificate in place and apply firmly.

3. Other Provisions - Motorcycles, Motor-Driven Cycles, and Mopeds.  Reject the vehicle if no fender or optional location is available for applying the inspection certificate.

N5TWL

• Master Tejano Rider
  • If it hurts when you do that don't do that!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 04:20:35 PM »

I puy mine in the back rest plate.
2011 Harley Street Glide, Sedona Orange, Ken Smith pinstriping.

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 04:52:40 PM »

I put mine under my right side cover. I have been pulled over bedore but he diddn't say anything about my inspection sticker. he just checked to see if it was up to date.

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

bgreer

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »

Just putting them in your bag or in your wallet is not the best idea and can get you a ticket:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/publications/rules/safety_manual/Chapter%203.htm#20.04

20.04 Certificate Mounting Procedures for Motorcycles, Motor-Driven Cycles, and Mopeds
1. On the Vehicle (Optional).  Punch the month of issuance and year of expiration.  Remove the certificate’s back paper and attach the certificate face up on the vehicle’s rear fender or any other visible location on the rear near its license plate.

Place the certificate in place and apply firmly.  OR

2. Backing Plate (Optional - to be furnished by cycle owner).  Punch the month of issuance and year of expiration.  Remove  the certificate’s back paper and attach the certificate face up on the backing plate which is mounted on the cycle near the license plate for this purpose.  Place the certificate in place and apply firmly.

3. Other Provisions - Motorcycles, Motor-Driven Cycles, and Mopeds.  Reject the vehicle if no fender or optional location is available for applying the inspection certificate.

Well, according to that, mine is placed properly

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 08:16:58 PM »

The place that inspected mine refused to put it on the back of the side mount license plate bracket. They said that was illegal yet they had multiple custom bikes on their showroom with the inspection stickers on the back of the sidemount!  >:(   I was forced to buy a little chrome bracket to hook to the swingarm bolt that holds the brakeline on the right side of the bike opposite of the sidemount so it would be visible from the back of the bike....it looks ok I just didn't want to add another "doo-dad" on the bike. Simple is better in my opinion...

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 09:07:41 PM »

I put mine inside the left side cover where the tool box is.

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

Silver Bullet

• Tejano
  • Humble, TX
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 05:14:24 AM »

I like Justin and Skippy's idea of putting it inside the side cover. I know not correct per the State req'ts but sounds like police not critical so figured I would take a chance. If stopped you can pop off the cover without tools and this is where I keep my registration & insurance anyway.

So went to an inspection station in Humble but they refused to put sticker anywhere not visible from the rear of bike. They also would not give me the sticker to put on myself.

So new question for Justin & Skippy, did you move your sticker or did your inspection station allow it under the side cover? What shop did you use?
2006 VTX1300S

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 08:38:51 PM »

if you look at my pic in the first post closley, I put it below the side cover on the frame. It's not really noticable. I guess it really depends on where you live and who you know on where to get your sticker. the best place to find a shop like that is in the ghetto. just go to some run down neighborhood to like a muffler shop or brake place that has a sign of an inspection sticker on display of what month is due. They're always crooked.

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 10:29:10 PM »

when I had my 1300 Domestic auto put the sticker on, Domesti would not let me handle the sticker
with the 1800 I went to a different shop and they put the sticker on, this shop would as long as I did not leave without putting it on, but I decided not to so I let them.

some shops are sticklers :D Pun intended

spelling sucks I know :D :D

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal