Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestions anyone??  (Read 1358 times)

onei

• Trailer Queen
Suggestions anyone??
« on: November 01, 2007, 06:37:44 PM »

Hi everyone. I am planning to come to Galveston on Saturday. This will be my first ever rally to attend and to be honest, I have no idea what to expect. Due to my daughter-in-law being scheduled for a c-section delivery, I will only be able to be there on Sat., but I plan to still attend.

I bought my VTX-1800 back in June and have already put over 5500 miles on it. I'm having a ball on this bike.  :D

So ... does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the best of the day and what I can expect?

I am planning on leaving Austin around 8:00am so am hoping to be there by around noon (maybe a little after). I will stay until whenever and then head back home Sat. night.

I tried to get my brother to come with me, but his bike is in the shop right now so I will be coming alone. I'm not really extroverted so I'm not the kind to go up to strangers and start up a conversation. Anyway, I just thought I would throw it out there and see what kind of response I got. I'm looking forward to the ride and experiences my first rally.

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
Re: Suggestions anyone??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 06:53:07 PM »

onei
welcome to the board.  good people here, lots of jokers.  I hope to be roaming around Sat also.  From what i hear, they have new radar down there.  Watch your speed, especially in the construction zones, ie the bridge area.
watch out for the drunks, both 4 wheel and 2.  They always seem to find a way to spoil fun for everyone.
It's all good down there..even with all the bikers. ;D
check out the rest of the LSR posts to get an idea for whats happening.
Ride safe;
Louis

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal