Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 10/27 CenTex Ride?  (Read 6891 times)

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
Re: 10/27 CenTex Ride?
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2007, 11:39:17 AM »

Go here for some pics of the Pie Run http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=314939#post314939

Look close and you will see the VTXer's.

I am determined to pull some of you VTXer's into this Pie Run thing.  Maybe it just my desire to keep pulling the family together. ;)  I know there are some of you who would really enjoy planning for this run ever month or so, once you get going with it.

On another note, Rick M if you read this, I tried your method of mounting the KLR this morning when I made my daily trip to the cabin.  Well every thing was going fine until after about the third try when on a dismount the weight of the bike shifted causing the bike to go over on its right side.  I tried without success to upright it.  I think I pulled a muscle in my back cause it it's sure sore.  The Corbin seat doesn't allow for any leverage from using one's butt.  The seat is too low and smooth to the extent that your butt doesn't have anything to push against to assist in lifting the bike.  I ended up using my tractor with an 8' boom which brought it right up.  Bottom line is that for me your method will work fine for mounting, but I will still need to dismount on the right side of the bike the way I have been or else practice when there buddies around to help me lift the bike if it should fall over with me.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:41:06 AM by Quick-Silver »
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal