Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Meet and Greets discussion...  (Read 3131 times)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Meet and Greets discussion...
« on: August 23, 2007, 02:45:53 PM »

This entire year has been a very low showing for M&G's.  10-12 has been big.  Even when we have meets on the southside, 80%-90% are from the northside.  When it's North or Central, there are about 3 south/central.

One might notice I pointed out that southside riders are sissies, minus a couple of us. O0  Another might notice that we're having a very low showing which is the main point.

Is it too hot?  Well, the serious heat didn't start until the last couple of weeks.  Are people tired of it?  Do we need to move it to another night?  I have no idea.  That's why I posted.

I just don't want the group to go the way of DFW.
Chunk the llama.

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
Re: Meet and Greets discussion...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 04:14:29 PM »

YES.  Some of it may be heat related...I know in my case it gets me down to the point of standing in front of the A/C vent.  Also, the sun causes a reaction from the chemo, but that's my problem not yours.
I've heard it said, and said it myself, after I get home I don't feel like fighting the traffic again.  That's why you mainly see me NW/N/sometimes Midtown. 
I vote for Thursday nights....I'm off Fridays and Sat. ;D

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:25:46 PM »

Well you know my story :o
Plus I am still trying to find the right next bike ;D
If I switch to 1st or 3rd you would see me more often, but for right now if it is not near Cypress you probably won't see me.
I use to ride everyday to work as long as it was not raining, hot or cold so heat is not a factor for me.

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »

Some of us (I doubt a large number) think they've gotten too big: it's tough when we have to spread out across several tables and don't know who a lot of the faces are. It's even worse if we have LOUD music blaring to cover any attempts at conversation. Then there's us old farts who have to get up early; we need our beauty rest so we only do the close ones. Every third week I'm a on call and have to stay close.
02 1800C

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 05:04:42 PM »

Some of us (I doubt a large number) think they've gotten too big: it's tough when we have to spread out across several tables and don't know who a lot of the faces are. It's even worse if we have LOUD music blaring to cover any attempts at conversation. Then there's us old farts who have to get up early; we need our beauty rest so we only do the close ones. Every third week I'm a on call and have to stay close.

Amen on the beauty sleep for me as well O0
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 05:05:46 PM »

I plead the 5th not to incriminate myself :(

The heat really does suk!!
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »

who you calling an old fart you old fart ;D ;D ;D

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »

Being new to the group, the M&G's have been the best way for me to meet people with similar interests. It's nice to put a face with names. I can't thank everybody enough for the info that has been shared with me. It is hard to get to talk to everybody, but I enjoyed each M&G. I do have trouble sometimes getting to meeting spot by 7pm. I'm up for any evening, maybe even a weekend day now & then. Ya'll are a great group of people and I really hope the M&G's continue.
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »

Dam I miss 1 M&G and all hell breaks loose :o.  I've been there when 3 of us,  and when 40+,  have shown up and enjoyed them all.  This is a great group of people and I hope all feel welcome including all new people. I feel confident that this will keep going. If it requires a different day to get more people then lets change it. If you have friends then invite them.  If Paul shows up I'll buy him a beer ( my money is safe). O0
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

Brookster

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 05:33:19 AM »

The Cster and get out when we can .
My 2 cents leave it alone .
PARTY HARD RIDE HARDER !

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 06:37:10 AM »

I know for those of us who come from the Beaumont area, it is about all we can do to make it to the Baytown M&G's close to "on-time".  Perhaps trying it once a month as a weekend day ride/lunch is an option.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

jleblanc

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 07:00:08 AM »

I don't mind the heat or anything else.  I work at 249 and Beltway 8 and live in deer park, by the time I get home it's 6, plus i have a new 3 month old baby girl.  It's a lot easier for me to ride on the weekends, but i will try to step it up for the SE side and make some M & G's during the week.  I do like the idea of having a lunch once a month on the weekend.

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 08:44:17 AM »

Being new to the group, the M&G's have been the best way for me to meet people with similar interests. It's nice to put a face with names. I can't thank everybody enough for the info that has been shared with me. It is hard to get to talk to everybody, but I enjoyed each M&G. I do have trouble sometimes getting to meeting spot by 7pm. I'm up for any evening, maybe even a weekend day now & then. Ya'll are a great group of people and I really hope the M&G's continue.

I agree. I am trying not to be an old fart, but I do need my beauty sleep too. :)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »

Group Dynamics

This is group based on voluntary, non compensated association..which is based on the coincidental ownership of a particular motorcycle. Not work related, family related, or historical really. All that's a good thing.

As with many such groups:

1) Began as an idea.
2) Formed as a small group
3) grew with enthusiasm
4) peaked
5) Some individuals tried it for a while and then faded back for a myriad of personal reasons
6) In other cases, neurotic and controlling personalities come forward and created factionalism and dissention, labelling the people that are to be liked and not to be liked and lobbying for that at any opportunity.
7) Such things create negative feelings and atmospheres , even often amongst people out of the line of fire, and folks just start staying away.

Nothing new or unusual. Nothing to cry about.

and then thre's rain and heat.

My suggestion:

relax. Be positive and happy. Say nice things about people or nothing at all. See if it won't build back on it's own. Having a motorcycle in common is a nice thing.  8)

And if this statement makes you indignant and resentful...you are one of those people described above. Get a self help book about being happy or simply realize that almost all situations would go along better without your desire to control it or your negative remarks injected into it. And above all, realize that if you don't like this or me, I don't care.
In my old age, I've gotten to where I only pay attention to the people that treat me well.

And I like being on troll on this forum  :D

Sincerely,

EL VT-XS
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 02:53:17 PM »

Dog days of summer.  Just plain ol dog days!

I simply don't get home in time to make most of the places.  Especially since I don't do much riding in the Houston area so I'm lost most of the time.  Only come out of my hole to head AWAY from Houston. 

Hipshot got it right - Old farts, like me, need our rest and lots of it, snuggled up to our lovely brides - or the neighbor but most likely the dog!  (Like Mr.VTX - he had to get a puppy to share his dog house with!)

To paraphrase Arnold - "We'll be baaackk!!"
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal