Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 7/7 Feejer Ride....  (Read 4714 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: 7/7 Feejer Ride....
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 05:32:24 AM »

Jeff:

I am interested except that I am coming back from Tronto Friday night.  I am scheduled to come in to Austin around 10:45 PM Friday night.  If all goes well (ie no weather delays) I may try to make it.  Since I won't know until late Friday night or early Saturday morning if I will be up to going please post a meeting time and place.  If you guys are heading down to the New Braunfels area, all the better, as thats where I live so maybe we can set a meeting time and place in the general New Braunfels area.

Lex,

Never did get that link to work...

I'm heading out around 7, or in about 30 minutes. It looks like just Feejer riders at this point, although you are more than welcome to represent the X riders in CenTex. The rain % is pretty low around the Leakey area until noon, when it will jump up to 40%, where it looks like it will stay the rest of the day. I'm pretty sweet, but pretty sure I won't melt. ;D I'm not coming through NB, as I don't want to do 35, but will be heading over to Bandera on 46. If you want to meet, I'll stop at 46 and 281, probably between 8:30 and 8:45. Shoot me a call on my cell, at 512-944-5713, and let me know if I can expect you.

Anyone else that wants to ride, you're more than welcome, but the board has been pretty quiet. Some have been in Colorado, but has the rain turned the rest of you into hothouse flowers?  ;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 08:31:44 AM »

my cell phone does not work in Bandera
had to come to the library to get on the internet.

staying at "hilltop hacienda" just south of town on 16

will try your cell. it is 9:30am saturday
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »

As one could have predicted the airlines were a mess last night with 2 hour delays in Houston.  I didn't get home unitl 2:00 AM.  Woke up at 9:30 this morning and have been sitting around dazed and confused ever since. 

Rained cats and dogs, along with some great lightnening, in New Braunfels last night and early this morning, but radar is now showing most of the rain is east of San Antonio/New Braunfels so you guys have a good chance of staying dry and more importanly having dry roads to carve up.  I will try to get out either later this afternoon or tomorrow for a little poke around town as I will be on the east coast all week next week.  If I don't ride this weekend the then more than two weeks will have gone by between rides.  Isn't there some kind for rule that says if you don't ride at least every two weeks then your membership on this board is revoked, your bike is reposessed and possible jail time, for failure to meet the Minimum Standards of Commitment (MSC) required of all motorcyclist?  Perhaps I should take my coffee and go out to the garage and at least start her up and let her idle for while so my oil doesn't coagulate  :o

You guys have a fun and safe ride today.  I will be looking here for a ride report tomorrow.

Heres the link again:  http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ViewAlbum.aspx?a=400374
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 10:43:27 AM by vtxcrzr »

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 05:10:46 PM »

Just got home, about 425 for the day. Caught a little bit of rain, off and on, but I would say about 95% of those miles were dry. Checked out the new motorcycle stop in Leakey, as they have moved out of town just a bit, on 337. Very nice, and we had a Hardly rider ask us if we would be interested in trading bikes with them for the afternoon. Martin has a bit more tact then I do; after hearing that, he stopped to chat, I could only laugh loudly and walk away, shaking my head.

I have a bit of cleanup to do, as I hit a turkey vulture on the way back, about 20 minutes after saying sayonara to Martin. The dumbass was eating something in the road, and took off right in front of me, just above my front fender. He died instantly, but the bastard didn't have the common decency to fall off, so I had to stop and pull him out of the space between my fairing and the fender. No damage to the bike, other than all the buzzard guts I have to now clean off the bike. I got some on my pants and right shoe, so the dogs were very interested when I got home...

I would take pictures and post, but buzzard meat, after 125 miles of wind drying, is pretty close to the black cherry color of the Feejer. It's a close match to the Aggie's colors as well...  :P 

Good day, ya should have been there!!  ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 10:43:54 PM »

Just got home, about 425 for the day. Caught a little bit of rain, off and on, but I would say about 95% of those miles were dry. Checked out the new motorcycle stop in Leakey, as they have moved out of town just a bit, on 337. Very nice, and we had a Hardly rider ask us if we would be interested in trading bikes with them for the afternoon. Martin has a bit more tact then I do; after hearing that, he stopped to chat, I could only laugh loudly and walk away, shaking my head.

I have a bit of cleanup to do, as I hit a turkey vulture on the way back, about 20 minutes after saying sayonara to Martin. The dumbass was eating something in the road, and took off right in front of me, just above my front fender. He died instantly, but the bastard didn't have the common decency to fall off, so I had to stop and pull him out of the space between my fairing and the fender. No damage to the bike, other than all the buzzard guts I have to now clean off the bike. I got some on my pants and right shoe, so the dogs were very interested when I got home...

I would take pictures and post, but buzzard meat, after 125 miles of wind drying, is pretty close to the black cherry color of the Feejer. It's a close match to the Aggie's colors as well...  :P 

Good day, ya should have been there!!  ;)

GODDAMN Buzzard Killer!!!!  Jesus, can't you just leave the wildlife alone????????  What are you gonna do next, pull a gun at 60mph and shoot a dog with a gas truck in front of you????  BASTARD!

P.S.  Glad your OK.  Talk to Y'all in about 2 weeks, I'll be in the backwoods of Ft Hood teaching my troops how to kill for a living.........HOORAH!!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 08:06:10 AM »

GODDAMN Buzzard Killer!!!!  Jesus, can't you just leave the wildlife alone????????  What are you gonna do next, pull a gun at 60mph and shoot a dog with a gas truck in front of you????  BASTARD!

Too funny.... and I knew that was coming, from someone on this board. Martin was one of the guys, (along with me, I'll admit it freely), that didn't think shooting a dog was a notable event. We were even chatting about that yesterday, how some threads live on long after they should have been closed down.

Believe me, I was 100% innocent in the death of this buzzard, other than being on the same road as he was, during the time of his dining... It was on 479, between I-10 and 290, which is under construction, with no shoulder on either side. If that SOB would have been about 2.5 feet higher, it may have taken me off the bike, which would not have been pretty, at about 75mph...  ::) As it was, washing all the guts out of the fairing took about an hour last night. The big chunks of meat looked like they were held together with string...  :-\ No harm to the Feejer, except what appears to be a small scratch to one of the headlight covers. I think I'll not replace it, so I can tell someone else's grandkids how I took out the Evil Buzzard of 7/7/07....  ;D ;)

Enjoy yourself these next 2 weeks, and teach those boys well. They all need to be as safe as they can be, until we get everyone back where they belong, HOME!!!  O0   
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »

glad your allright, have had my share of buzzard brushes :-\ damn things seem to wait until your close, then take off straight up, on our trip to colorado it was big crows all over the roads :P
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 09:10:19 AM »

Glad you, and the bike are OK. I've had my share of close calls with buzzards. It's well know in certain circles that if I can't hit it, or tip it, I'll run over it. ;)
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 09:12:40 AM »

Glad you, and the bike are OK. I've had my share of close calls with buzzards. It's well know in certain circles that if I can't hit it, or tip it, I'll run over it. ;)

I was afraid of being lumped with a known animal hit-man....  :o ::) ;D
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 09:23:49 AM »

btw, here is Martin, with the 2007 Yamaha FJR line:

O0
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 02:02:24 PM »

Just got in. Sprinkled on from Bandera to Helotes (my furture home town)
No rain at all from Helotes to Houston. Baked in my rain pants.

Damn Jeff. That's Bent up about that buzzard. Could have been tragic. I'm glad you're ok and glad you don't have to deal with bike damage. The footnote about the strings etc though.....nasty.

Very enjoyable day. Also had a riot in Bandera Friday night with some people from Kerrville. Love Bandera.

Highlights of the Trip...

1) Stopping at that bike place in Leakey and being able to clearly tell by the looks on some of those Harley guys faces that they hated thinking our rice burners looked so good.

2) Having one of them asked if we'd trade bikes for the day

3) You laughing about it.

4) Saying "no, I wouldn't"

5) Wishing I had thought to say, "not a good trade, you'll have an FJR to play on, How could I possibly have any fun on a Harley?'

Next time I'll have it ready.

Enoyable day. You're good company. Look forward to the next one.

Martin 8) O0
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:04:24 PM by VT-XS »

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 02:29:22 PM »

Jeff

Here' the link to those TXMOTOFOTO.com guys that were taking pictures up on a ridgeline.

http://jwimaging.exposuremanager.com/p/july_7/7-7-200704316#photo_s

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 09:41:45 AM »

I was afraid of being lumped with a known animal hit-man....  :o ::) ;D
;D ;D Two more species and u will be!  Glad to hear you had a good ride!! O0
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal