Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 7/7 Feejer Ride....  (Read 4713 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
7/7 Feejer Ride....
« on: July 02, 2007, 07:25:14 AM »

Martin is thinking about bringing his Feejer over to CenTex this coming Saturday, and doing some spirited riding with his Feejer bro, namely me! Any Xers wanna join us? It probably won't be too crazy, but you may wanna bring a fresh set of drawers with you, especially if you are using that new diet drug!!  :D

I believe Martin will be heading down to the New Braunfels area to start with, so anyone from Austin or parts north of that can ride south with me. The weather looks like it is going to clear up, so let's ride!  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
Re: 7/7 Feejer Ride....
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:02:13 PM »

Jeff:

I am interested except that I am coming back from Tronto Friday night.  I am scheduled to come in to Austin around 10:45 PM Friday night.  If all goes well (ie no weather delays) I may try to make it.  Since I won't know until late Friday night or early Saturday morning if I will be up to going please post a meeting time and place.  If you guys are heading down to the New Braunfels area, all the better, as thats where I live so maybe we can set a meeting time and place in the general New Braunfels area.

Perhaps the Crosswalk Cafe on the circle in the center of town.
http://localsearch.live.com/localsearch/Details.aspx?lid=YN854x14771228&what=crosswalk+cafe&where=New+Braunfels%2c+TX&qt=yp&FORM=LSV

As you can see from my pictures from THE DRAGON last week, spirited riding make me nervous  :D
http://www.photoreflect.com/PR3/AlbumSlideshow.aspx?a=400374
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:14:38 PM by vtxcrzr »

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »

gonna be out of town this weekend, jeffey. maybe next time. ride safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »

Jeff

I plan to take care of something in New Braunfels on Friday on the way in around 1pm, if the guy is available.

I like staying in Bandera so I can hang out at the Cowboy Bar at night and was hoping to do the 3's saturday.

That might make Saturday a bazillion mile day for you, unless the wife let you stay down in Bandera with a known troublemaker.

Suggestions?

Martin

ps  A Harley Davidson may be coming with me, which means, ;) 8) we'll have to drive real slow so he doesn't fly off the road.
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 08:26:44 AM »

I can make the 3s from here... You forget what I am driving now, a superfine TOURING MACHINE!!!

Any other Xers want to make a day of it? SgtStever? Ray? David? Danny? Lex is a definite maybe... It sounds like there will be a Harley along, so we'll have the training wheels on, no need to worry about going too fast!  ;D  ;)

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

firstdragon

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 01:16:09 PM »

New to the X-World-Live in Austin and attend Biker's night at Antonios and Bikinis every thursday night. Need to get away from home and the kids for awhile. Old Soldier tired and in need of R&R. Time to cool down and relax. Will be at Bikers night weather permitting--don't like rain on the X1800R.

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »

Jeff

guess I'll post this here rather than email.

Will be staying at the Hilltop Hacienda in Bandera Friday and Sat nights.
Probably coming alone. If it's just us, that 's fine. Anybody joins us, fine too.

Looking forward to seeing what the FJR feels like in the curves and the 3's.
Plan to take it pretty easy. the bike has too much power for me to push too hard.
Plus the tires were stock with the bike and I don't feel completely comfortable on them.  I have very wide "Chicken stripes"

Do you know what that means?

Anyways. give me an idea of where you wanna meet up Sat and what time to do the 3's

Feejers forever,

Martin

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 02:04:54 PM »

All right, I'll see who else chimes in, and put a plan together. I hear you about the Chicken Stripes. Giving the Feejer too much juice gives me another kind of stripe, if ya know what I mean...

C'mon, CenTex Xer's, let's see some representation!! CouldBeFaster? Jerry? Are we back to the days that Duc used to complain about?  :o
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 02:32:03 PM »

You may already know this....

"Chicken stripes"

The crotch rocket guys refer to "chicken stripes" as those "virgin" areas on the sidewalls of the tires that are unmolested by the pavement.

The implication is that the wider this band on the sidewalls the more "chicken" the rider with regard to leaning the bike.

Now that I own a "sport" tourer, I come across this kinda info.

On the FJR forum once, I posted,  asking what the bike did the quarter mile in.
My answer was low elevens, but the guy went on to say... you have an automatic and the clutch engages at 1800 rpm so you can't rev it up and dump it at the start like a clutch bilke can, so you're gonna give away about a half-second....unless....
you put the bike on the centerstand at the starting line so the bike wheel is up, rev it way the hell up and drop the bike off the stand at the green light.

When I read that I went "holy AppleSauce" I used to think I liked to play on a bike. Not anymore. "Chicken stripes," dumping the bike off the stand....I'm a Taco, I'm just gonna putt around from now on.

Anyways,,, see ya soon.

Martin

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 11:31:24 PM »

New to the X-World-Live in Austin and attend Biker's night at Antonios and Bikinis every thursday night. Need to get away from home and the kids for awhile. Old Soldier tired and in need of R&R. Time to cool down and relax. Will be at Bikers night weather permitting--don't like rain on the X1800R.

can't make the ride but just wanted to say hello and welcome to the board to firstdragon.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

firstdragon

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 06:31:26 AM »

Thank You Crewsn--Hope to meet up with ya all one night at Bikers Night or maybe tag along for a weekend run. Have plans to take my wife to Koyote Ranch and fellow co-workers who also ride. Waiting for cooler weather to enjoy the ride. Maybe late September.

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 08:56:29 AM »

Thank You Crewsn--Hope to meet up with ya all one night at Bikers Night or maybe tag along for a weekend run. Have plans to take my wife to Koyote Ranch and fellow co-workers who also ride. Waiting for cooler weather to enjoy the ride. Maybe late September.

Cooler weather? I'd settle for two dry days in a row at any temperature!!!! Welcome to the Board and hope to meet you at a Bike Night or ride if this weather ever clears up.  8)

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 11:02:11 AM »

can't make the ride but just wanted to say hello and welcome to the board to firstdragon.
Can't make it either, Kathy had surgery yesterday and might get out this weekend.....welcome!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 02:53:55 PM »

Bump... back to the topic... anyone going to make it on Saturday?  :o O0
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 06:30:36 AM »

Ok Jeff

I'm gonna head toward Bandera around Noon with a Stop in New Braunfels.  Hoping to get a little lucky with the rain.

cell phone is 713 562 3910.

I will be at the Hilltop Hacienda outside Bandera if for any reason you need to leave a message there.

See you Saturday bud.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal