Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thanks to David Brown's Sport Center  (Read 823 times)

cool pop

Thanks to David Brown's Sport Center
« on: May 27, 2006, 07:08:14 PM »

I'm an  X rider from Florida and was recntly on a cross country ride from Jupiter, Fl to Palm Springs, CA.  As we traveled towards Oklahoma City, my buddy Domenic lost his rear brakes on his bike. An inspection revealed that a bolt that holds the rear brake system from moving had come loose and fell off somewhere. We were able to jury rig a 3/8 inch socket extension through the bolt hole and secure it with good old “fix anything” duck tape as a temporary fix. We called all the Honda motorcycle dealers in Oklahoma City but no one had one in stock. I was concerned because I knew that the temporary fix was just that and we needed to get a permanent fix done as soon as possible. We stopped for the night and the next morning we decided to get an early start and stop in Amarillo, TX for breakfast. We stopped at the Flying J restaurant on I-40 and the food was good and reasonably priced. I thought that we should call the Honda dealers in Amarillo to see if anyone had the part we needed for Domenic’s bike. Joe and George at David Brown’s Sport Center didn’t have the part in stock but agreed to help us out and get one for us by the time we finished breakfast and drive over to the dealership.  They went out of their way to help a fellow biker in need and we thank them for their concern and help in replacing the 3/8 inch extension and buck tape with the right part.  I thought that you Texas X Riders should know what a good job they did. If any of you read the VTXOA Forum, I posted a dialog of the complete trip on the South Florida message boaed.  Ride Safe - Cool PPop

Tank

Re: Thanks to David Brown's Sport Center
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 12:43:55 AM »

Glad to hear you got fixed up. Most of us Texans are good people. Heck, i am surprised they did not drive over and install it while you ate, Darn slackers. Have a safe ride.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
Re: Thanks to David Brown's Sport Center
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 09:14:52 PM »

Glad to hear you got fixed up. Most of us Texans are good people. Heck, i am surprised they did not drive over and install it while you ate, Darn slackers. Have a safe ride.

I agree. That wasn't very Texan of them.  ;) Glad you got a chance to sample some of the state's hospitality. BTW When they say "Good Ol'boys", that's really what they're talkin' about. O0
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal