Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Favorite Sunday Rides  (Read 3085 times)

dannboss

• Tejano
  • Mckinney, TX
Favorite Sunday Rides
« on: May 22, 2006, 10:44:10 AM »

Seems like my favorite time to ride is on a late Sunday afternoon when the sun is not killing you, and the amount of cars is less.  Usually my "route" of choice takes me about an hour or so, and winds through the tree lined roads between Spring, Tomball, and The Woodlands (1488, 2978, Woodlands Pkwy, Kuykendahl).

I am interested to know if other people have a "route" when they only have a certain amount of time, but are dying to ride that day.  If so, post where you are from, and a few details about the route you take.  Will definitely help those of us wanting to venture away from the usual!
'05 VTX 1800 F25 Vance & Hines Bigshots, Kuryakyn Hypercharger Pro-R, Power Commander, Answers to Bad Cranberries

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
Re: Favorite Sunday Rides
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 11:03:42 AM »

I like to leave out of Blanco and go down some of the lesser known roads, Old Kendalia road, Trainer Wuest, and Crabapple.  This all comes back to 1888 and I go over to Luckenbach and listen to some of the old timers (and young ones) singing their songs sitting under the oak trees around back.  Then back home.  Very enjoyable ride as some of you know the hill country roads can be. 

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »

Seems like my favorite time to ride is on a late Sunday afternoon when the sun is not killing you, and the amount of cars is less.  Usually my "route" of choice takes me about an hour or so, and winds through the tree lined roads between Spring, Tomball, and The Woodlands (1488, 2978, Woodlands Pkwy, Kuykendahl).

I am interested to know if other people have a "route" when they only have a certain amount of time, but are dying to ride that day.  If so, post where you are from, and a few details about the route you take.  Will definitely help those of us wanting to venture away from the usual!

Danboss, next sunday we need to meet up somewhere.  I am crawling distance from what was bananna bay.  I like to go up 149 throught the national forest, sometimes go across 1097 back to 45 and to 3083 , 105.  About 45 mins to a hour ride, depending on how much you like to scrape the floorboards.  If it's not cold, I go further north on 149 to anderson and make the loop back around.  On occasion I stop and feed the aligators or ducks. this is about an hour and a half to two hours. It's not as curvy as honea eygpt, but its alot safer.

*Closet Darksider*

dannboss

• Tejano
  • Mckinney, TX
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 03:17:49 PM »

I have ridden honea egypt on a Sunday before and that road is dangerous.  But it is a lot of fun and very pretty.  If it doesn't rain, I am planning on riding with another 1800 f up to lake conroe to some bar on the lake.  I can't remember the name.  I will keep you posted.  This is my last weekend in Houston as I am moving to Dallas.
'05 VTX 1800 F25 Vance & Hines Bigshots, Kuryakyn Hypercharger Pro-R, Power Commander, Answers to Bad Cranberries

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 07:32:52 PM »

Try FM 1484 from Loop 336 around to SH105. There are a lot of good roads branching off from there if you want more...............
02 1800C

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 09:30:33 PM »

there's a road that cuts off from 105 right before you get into cleveland that makes a great ride.  dont remember the name of it, but its right at the caution lights before you enter cleveland.  you just follow that road till it dead-ends and take a left.  itll lead you back up north toward 45.  comes out in new waverly or willis....

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 08:37:46 AM »

I think your thinking of 1725. 

*Closet Darksider*

VTeXan

• Old Timer
  • Pearland
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 12:40:19 PM »

1725, 224, 149, 3090 aresome of the best roads up on that side.

Brian
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 03:56:11 PM »

I think your thinking of 1725. 

ya, that sounds like it.  used to drive it in my car when i would go see my x-wife while she was in school at SHSU

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 10:49:39 PM »

So who is in for a sunday ride?

*Closet Darksider*

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 07:11:32 AM »

On occasion I stop and feed the aligators or ducks.

They showed here on the news a 10 foot alligator someone videod in his yard last week in Houston. With the sudden rash of gators killing people in Florida, looks like the gators are feedin' themselves!!! :) :)
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 06:14:56 AM »

It's not my favorite ride, but I work every Sunday. So i ride from Spring to the airport via Hardy Rd, (too much construction on Aldine Westfield anymore). It's not a great ride, but it's my sunday ride.
2004 VTX 1800N

Tank

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 12:47:29 AM »

I like to take Rice over to Bellaire and left on Bellaire to Marble Slab. Repeat as needed.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal