Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: What is your opinion on Illegal Imigrants  (Read 12447 times)

k9paws

Re: What is your opinion on Illegal Imigrants
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2006, 07:56:51 PM »

If they come in legally, learn the speak English and when they take the citizen test it is in English I support them for wanting to make a better life for themselves. If not they are criminals. My wife if from the Philippines and when she took her citizens test she was told she had to read, write and speak English and pass a U.S. History test in order to get her citizenship. For her it was no problem she could already read, write and speak English. The history questions which she passed had some I could not remember the answer to.

ConnRadd

• Old Timer
  • Houston, Tx (Willowbrook Area)
    • Photo Gallery
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 08:32:18 PM »

Much of the news media and participants were referring to yesterday's demonstrations as boycotts. A true boycott - by definition would be longer than 1 day - lets say weeks, months or even a year. So, If the demonstrators want to really make an impact they should refuse to go to work or spend money in the USA for at least a year. The only truly effective way to make their point would be to leave the country, thereby not accidentally contributing to or detracting from the economy. Then we could see the real effect of their absence.

Therefore, I would like to be the first to call upon these demonstrators to begin a comprehensive boycott of the USA. Upon instituting this policy, they will have my full support.  ;)

You won't see a true "boycott", due to: they need to send billions of dollars back to their family in Mexico.

My thoughts on this are; as I would prefer all the Illegal Immigrants to be sent back, we need cheap labor to compete in the world market. As for a work program, I can go for that; but would need a strict program that the employers would be liable for.

Since the Illegal Immigrants want to come to America to build a better life and large companies “require” cheap labor. I feel that companies should be responsible for them.

Case-in-point:
 The employer (since they are the ones wanting / "needing" them) would be responsible for:
1. Pay for their paperwork for a 6 month "work visa". Which, the employers are required to perform background checks for criminal and medical (they need their shots so the diseases we've worked so hard to get rid of don't come back) and make sure they were not here 5 years ago for criminal offense and never showed up for court, etc…
2. Provide a work safe environment (they are humans)
3. Pay at least minimum wage and make sure that their taxes are being withheld.
4. Once the 6 month Work Visa has expired, the employer has the option to keep the employee or must provide transportation back to Mexico. The employee must have a clean criminal record; if the employer decides to keep the employee, the employer needs to file a 1 year work visa for the employee.
5. After the 1 year work visa is completed, the employer wishes to keep the employee can re-file for another 1 year work visa, then the employer must assist the employee on the proper procedures on becoming a US Citizen.

If the Employer defaults on this program and/or not follow the guide lines, they are subject to hefty fines.

At any given time, if the employee defaults on the visa work program, they are automatically a criminal and either has the choice of going back to Mexico, unless they created a felony crime, they go to jail and pay fines. By defaulting, this means, not following the laws of America, not going to work, not having proper medical shots for diseases, and/or not learning ENGLISH.

As well, need to create work visa identification, which is not a driver’s license, but to show proof they are here legally with the work program. This Work Visa ID will provide not only their place of residence, picture and basic description, but their medical background, criminal background, and place of employment.
2006 M109R Silver
2004 VTX 1300c Candy Apple Red (SOLD)

http://www.myspace.com/mspraberry

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »

Illegal in the system and that's not fair to legal imigrants just ask one. :(

You can ask my wife, who was granted her green card status on 4/20, after many months of wrangling with INS, and about $3500 total out of pocket expenses. She is here doing a job a lot of Americans don't want to do, (ER nurse), but you won't see her marching on the capitol. She kinda laughed yesterday, while getting ready for work, saying that she should stay home from work. I told her to really make a farce out of it, and counter-march in the parade, with a Canadian flag wrapped around her. She's here, and she's abiding by the rules of this country!!!!  >:(

Did you use an attorney?
I showed up at a campsite where 4 of my biker co-workers were staying. We were going on a morning ride to get breakfast. Two of the guys that were supposed to ride waved me on and said "We can't make this one". My boss started his bike and looked at me and said "A lot of people 'own' motorcycles".

cantex

• Tejano
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 09:39:03 PM »

I think the plan is, while you're all watching the Southern Borders,
we come in from the North.  :o
what a long strange trip it's been

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2006, 10:32:08 PM »

Once a person crosses the border they are immediatly given/granted the rights off all citizens.  That is wrong..... They don't have to learn the language/history/affirm to one citizenship(america), but yet they get all the medical help they cannot get in Mexico.    Who pays for this?  They do not pay social security taxes, income, state, what a hell of a ride.  so what they shack up two/three families in an apartment, beats cardboard in Juarez, it makes me sick.......I have has to pay 6 thousand extra in income taxes the last 6 years.......bite me.......
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2006, 04:45:05 AM »

Did you use an attorney?

Yes, the company I work for employs engineers from other countries, so has an immigration attorney in Houston set up. It's not necessary, but our hearing took about 5 minutes, because all of her paperwork was there. And because I ride an X....  ;D 
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

reval

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2006, 06:50:44 AM »

just make em pay taxes and for there hosp. needs.  other then that, keep making those wonderfull breakfast taco's you can only find in some whole in the wall location. mmmmm taco's.

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

Did you use an attorney?

Yes, the company I work for employs engineers from other countries, so has an immigration attorney in Houston set up. It's not necessary, but our hearing took about 5 minutes, because all of her paperwork was there. And because I ride an X....  ;D 

I ask because I hear all these tearful stories of how much it cost to be here legaly. Two of the guys that work here did it all themselves and it cost a grand total of, get ready.......$180.00. The people that have spent thousands used attorneys. I guess it is good for the attorneys though. It takes very little to be here legally. Believe the hype or learn the facts. Cost too much to be legal is not an excuse for criminal behavior. One of the employees here got a raise and is upset because now he makes to much for to get medicade for his family. As he put it, "I got more money in my pocket when I make a less paycheck because of the doctors is free before."  Well said. That is incentive to cheat the system, welfare pays better than working. Now he is asking for a smaller paycheck and cash to make the difference so he can still get the medicade.
I showed up at a campsite where 4 of my biker co-workers were staying. We were going on a morning ride to get breakfast. Two of the guys that were supposed to ride waved me on and said "We can't make this one". My boss started his bike and looked at me and said "A lot of people 'own' motorcycles".

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2006, 02:15:04 PM »

I ask because I hear all these tearful stories of how much it cost to be here legaly. Two of the guys that work here did it all themselves and it cost a grand total of, get ready.......$180.00. The people that have spent thousands used attorneys. I guess it is good for the attorneys though. It takes very little to be here legally. Believe the hype or learn the facts. Cost too much to be legal is not an excuse for criminal behavior.

aaahhh... but the catch is the guys doing it for $180 were here legally, right? My point is not what it costs, because if it had been my money, I would not have hired an attorney. My point, rather, is that the low cost only works if you are here legally. If not, get the f**k out of here! I agree with you, the cost is not a valid excuse. It simply masks illegality....
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2006, 03:59:27 PM »

I ask because I hear all these tearful stories of how much it cost to be here legaly. Two of the guys that work here did it all themselves and it cost a grand total of, get ready.......$180.00. The people that have spent thousands used attorneys. I guess it is good for the attorneys though. It takes very little to be here legally. Believe the hype or learn the facts. Cost too much to be legal is not an excuse for criminal behavior.

aaahhh... but the catch is the guys doing it for $180 were here legally, right? My point is not what it costs, because if it had been my money, I would not have hired an attorney. My point, rather, is that the low cost only works if you are here legally. If not, get the f**k out of here! I agree with you, the cost is not a valid excuse. It simply masks illegality....

They actually came her illegally then became legal later. I hear stories about how much it cost all hte time. I have only seen it done twice and it was cheap compared to the numbers I have heard.

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006, 04:01:16 PM »

What do a 350 pound woman and a brick have in common?  When they get laid it is going to be done by a Mexican. ;D ;D ;D

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 09:55:29 PM »

;D ;D ;D Sad but so true!!  ;D ;D ;D
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

thriftmaster

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »

I think illegal imigrants would be just fine if they just weren't "illegal".
As a matter of fact, I think I like them more than I like the politicians that have allowed this to happen for all of these years.
If you do the crime, you do the time (but do it in your own country).

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2006, 06:21:53 AM »

In the United States there is a great deal of corruption. In Mexico corruption is the way that things are done. Always has been, always will be. Pretty well true of any country South of the Rio Grande to Antartica. One of the 3,4 or 5 most corrupt legal systems in the United States is Hidalgo County (Brownsville). It is a joke and a nightmare. It is a field day for Plaintiff's attorneys particularly if you are from that area.

As the influence of these illegals and their Mexican culture spreads, so will this type and degree of corruption. If left unchecked,  one day, not that distant, we will find ourselves just having to give in to it and it will be our culture.
I don't have any kids, but if you consider yourself fully American, this won' be much to leave for your kids to live in and Texas is targeted for cultural takeover by "La Reconquista." (read a book by Jorge Ramos, his term not mine)

I am not in favor of amnesty or voting rights or access to US resources for these illegals. If they are sponsored by companies, a worker visa is fine....and as long as they are legal and paying taxes, access to resources that other citizens enjoy aftter some period of time. But I think that they should remain guests in this country for as long as they are here and the road to citizenship should not be open to anyone that trespassed across the border while others waited and did it the right way.

...and I don't hate Mexico for anyone ready to throw bigot at me. Corruption is just the way it is there. And if you don't believe me ask a Mexican National.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 06:27:42 AM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2006, 08:24:42 AM »

Someone sent me this.  It is supposedly from the L.A Times

40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal  aliens.

Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.

Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

In L. A. County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L. A. County).

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration

The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET cost of (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor  Donald Huddle, Rice University].

The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal