Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wishful Thinking  (Read 871 times)

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
Wishful Thinking
« on: March 12, 2020, 12:37:58 PM »

It's been almost a couple of years since I posted on this site. Since I sold my bike after my wreck in May 2018, I haven't had the umption to get back on here until now. Just wanted to share a little story that goes to show that there is always hope.
A couple of weeks ago I got to spend some time with my oldest grandson, who is 10. He wanted to go look at motorcycles so I took him over to Horny Toad Harley Davidson in Temple. We were looking at all of the pretty, new bikes and then we saw a whole line of TriGlides, which is what I would want if I was able to get another bike. Let me add this here, my ER RN wife told me no more bikes once I sold my VTX. My grandson & I we walking & talking and then he turns to me and says "Papaw, do you think Nana will ever let you get another bike because I sure would like to ride with you". I told him "I don't know but we can always hope"! I think that I now have someone on my side!!!!    LOL     :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Wishful Thinking
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 12:41:17 PM »

BUY him one, you just drive it for him! Welcome back, hope your doing well.
It's all just part of the adventure!

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 12:46:38 PM »

BUY him one, you just drive it for him! Welcome back, hope your doing well.
Thanks!! Doing as well as I can with a big ol' long screw holding my left ankle together!! Missing riding a lot but I know that with all of the heart & blood medications that I take that 2 wheels is not for me but 3, that might be a different story!   

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 03:12:02 PM »

I teach the 3 wheel basic rider course. We use the Can Am spyder and Ryker. Those things are amazing and a blast to ride. Sneak over to a local dealer and take a test ride. I think you'll be impressed.

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 04:27:29 PM »

I teach the 3 wheel basic rider course. We use the Can Am spyder and Ryker. Those things are amazing and a blast to ride. Sneak over to a local dealer and take a test ride. I think you'll be impressed.

I’m sorry but I just don’t like the looks of those bikes. I also love the sound of a V twin. To bad no one else makes a factory trike like Harley. I even like the Freewheeler!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 06:25:30 AM »

If looks is what your after the HD is nice, but it can't come close to the performance of the Spyder in any way. Not speed, not braking and certainly not cornering. The trike configuration is much more unstable than the two wheels upfront. I push those things hard and they are nearly impossible to lift the inside wheel. I have ridden both( rode a Ural side car as well) no comparison in terms of performance or safety.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 12:36:41 PM »

If looks is what your after the HD is nice, but it can't come close to the performance of the Spyder in any way. Not speed, not braking and certainly not cornering. The trike configuration is much more unstable than the two wheels upfront. I push those things hard and they are nearly impossible to lift the inside wheel. I have ridden both( rode a Ural side car as well) no comparison in terms of performance or safety.

It's not all about the performance, sometimes you have to just enjoy the ride.  Putting around on a Tri-Glide with a 114" V-Twin is not a bad thing. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 08:58:35 AM »

Hey Rocket67,

Here's a pick of what I did with all those Hot Wheels I bought from you!!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 10:00:31 AM »

I agree with Scott, I've never been about performance so to speak.  I just want comfort and cool.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 11:47:06 AM »

so your not concerned about performance? How about things like braking performance. ABS vs non-abs. How about handling performance? I'm also concerned about safety performance. Performance does not just equate to power. BTW the Spyder is quite comfortable.

matap

• Board
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 11:54:04 AM »

I didn't say not concerned.  Now a days those things are almost just normal especially for the price range motorcycle I buy.  Extra extra performance for my style of riding isn't necessary. 

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 04:24:36 PM »

maybe on the price range and type of MC you buy, you ride a two wheel bike . They are configured the same only the options differ. but we are talking about 3 wheel MCs here. They come in totally different configurations.  Extra ,extra may not be necessary but nice to have if you need it ie ABS. Extra traction may not be needed but nice to have in the event you need it.  BTW who you kidding, I've seen you ride. :stickpoke:

matap

• Board
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 01:27:25 PM »

BTW who you kidding, I've seen you ride. :stickpoke:

:couch:   shhhh!  I'm trying to keep it down low. 

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 09:32:16 AM »

Hey Rocket67,

Here's a pick of what I did with all those Hot Wheels I bought from you!!

That's awesome.  I have more I can sell!! I was going to give them to the grandson but he just bangs up everything he gets so I just gave him the $0.99 specials. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal