Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chiang Mai, Thailand  (Read 883 times)

diverg

• Old Timer
Chiang Mai, Thailand
« on: January 16, 2018, 06:16:16 PM »

I'm in Thailand now, and will be starting a 5 day guided tour this morning. Will post pictures and hopefully some video if I can figure out how to use my action camera and mount it successfully.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Chiang Mai, Thailand
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 07:57:12 PM »

Keep us posted and have fun! :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:47:31 PM »

Sweet!

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 05:20:36 AM »

Just finished today’s riding. Best riding I’ve ever done. Especially considering i’ve Basically only ridden in the Houston area. My trip started in Chiang Mae with TBB Tours. My ride is a Triumph Bonneville T100. This is a sweet bike. Surprisingly a comfortable bike including the seat. Very responsive and easy to handle.

Traffic in Thailand cities is freaking crazy.  It wasn't that had this morning, but at the end of the trip we’ll be getting back in heavy traffic.  Now to the good and bad today. First stop was Doi Inthanon, the highest mountain peak in Thailand at 2,565 meters. Nice easy ride to get use to the bike before we hit the hard stuff. Steep downhill on very narrow roads, and I put the bike down. Lucky I was going very slow, and no damage to the bike. I have a little bump on my calf that’s hurts like hell off and on. The guide wanted the tourism guide to ride the bike the rest of the way down that section and have me drive the support vehicle. He was worried I had lost confidence and there were still a lot of very technical riding to be done on that stretch. I asked him what was my mistake? He said that I wasn’t going to fast,  it I was riding straight up and not cornering/leaning into the turns. He said I could drive the truck or ride down. I chose to ride down, and made sure to make the corrections I needed to do. Made down with no problems. My leg held out for awhile,  it the calf did start to stiffen a little right before lunch. After lunch we hit a bunch of bum you road and I felt every jar in my calf. Some Tylenol at the next rest stop helped.  Ow back to the spill, while I didn’t ride the corner right, I think I might have made except for all the damn pine needles on the edge of the road. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:10:21 AM by diverg »

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 05:36:04 AM »

Trying to post pictures, but it’s not happening.

Anyway I’ll be posting a sanitized session on Facebook minus the spill. No need to worry family and friends. If you see the post please don’t mention anything about me going down.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 09:53:47 AM »

Glad you and the bike were okay.  Hopefully, the calf will heal up as time goes on.  Will you be posting under the TXR Facebook group?

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 12:27:41 PM »

Glad you are ok...confidence can leave a person quickly...
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 09:55:01 PM »

Wow!! First break of the day and I’m loving riding the twistes. From what I’m told we are riding very technical roads. I’m riding slow,  it at the right pace for my experience.

I’ve come to the conclusion mountain riding is fun!

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 05:42:23 AM »

2nd day is in the books, and I did very well on some very technical riding roads. The scenery was spectacular along with the twistes.

Now a little about my tour which should of been in the first post. I am riding the Mae Hong Son loop in Northern Thailand. The loop consist of 1,864 curves in 600km. According to the tour company’s website the total curves on my tour will be double that. You can read a little bit on my tour at the link below. I’m doing a 5 day option in the reverse order on retro bikes. I have also posted the trip details with som pictures on the TexasXriders Facebook page. I was hoping to get some video today,  it camera mount failed. Hopefully I can work around it before the trip is done.

https://www.thailandmotorcycle.tours/guided-tours/the-mae-hong-son-loop-guided-motorcycle-tour/

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 07:51:08 AM »

:thumbup:  Keep the ride report coming.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 09:50:43 AM »

Yep...update this site and Facebook please!!
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

diverg

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 08:50:50 AM »

Thailand Motorcycle Tour day 3. Today was a leisurely day. Started with a late breakfast and a ride time of 10:30am. Filled up with gas, then headed to our first stop. Then we headed to a one road in and out border crossing of a small Shan Village inside the Myanmar border. We rode up, parked the bikes and walked across. No passport needed. From there we headed a few km to our lunch stop. After lunch back to Mae Hong Son.

Sometime today(I hope) there will be some video on the TexasX FB page. Downloading a 2 Gb clip unedited.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
It's all just part of the adventure!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 06:18:09 PM »

Sounds incredible.  Looking forward to pics
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 08:11:45 AM »

👍👍👍
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal