Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Tank  (Read 310 times)

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
Harley Tank
« on: January 09, 2018, 03:31:28 PM »

I just had a thought and was wondering if anyone has tried this. I was curious if it is possible to put an Electra Glide tank on an
'03 1800? I know that there would be all kinds of mods that would need to be done because of the in tank pump & idiot lights mounting on top but it seems like it would be fun to try & would give you a couple more gallons in gas.

Just thinking out loud!!!!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Harley Tank
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:47:51 PM »

I'm sure it can be done but it might leak on you.....Sorry I own a Harley but I still like the Harley humor. 

Now.....Unless you are riding thru some desolate area or to Alaska I'm not sure the pay off validates all the work and aesthetically that tank will not look good on a VTX.  One of my favorite things about the VTX is the tank and the accompanying headlight style. 

Just be easier to stop at a gas station every 100 miles to rest your bones and arse.

....But it can be done. All you have to do is go down to the HD dealer and rent one from month to month and bam you got that extra 1.5 gallons, plus you get bags, cruise control, abs brakes, possibly a stereo and with navigation to boot.  Instant gratification!!!
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:04:55 PM »

I'm sure it can be done but it might leak on you.....Sorry I own a Harley but I still like the Harley humor. 

Now.....Unless you are riding thru some desolate area or to Alaska I'm not sure the pay off validates all the work and aesthetically that tank will not look good on a VTX.  One of my favorite things about the VTX is the tank and the accompanying headlight style. 

Just be easier to stop at a gas station every 100 miles to rest your bones and arse.

....But it can be done. All you have to do is go down to the HD dealer and rent one from month to month and bam you got that extra 1.5 gallons, plus you get bags, cruise control, abs brakes, possibly a stereo and with navigation to boot.  Instant gratification!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:09:58 PM »

I just had a thought and was wondering if anyone has tried this. I was curious if it is possible to put an Electra Glide tank on an
'03 1800? I know that there would be all kinds of mods that would need to be done because of the in tank pump & idiot lights mounting on top but it seems like it would be fun to try & would give you a couple more gallons in gas.

Just thinking out loud!!!!
   :reaction: :chair: :snapoutofit:
It's all just part of the adventure!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal