Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So, how is everyone?  (Read 1274 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
So, how is everyone?
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:59:08 AM »

Any of us Texas X Riders get flooded?  Anyone need help with anything?  As for me, no major inconvenience really, I even worked from home on Monday and was back in the office Tuesday.  We were lucky, I know others weren't.  Let us know what's up. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: So, how is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:25:29 AM »

Just a bit of water in sunken living room, got carpet pulled, now trying to figure how to remove fascia board without harming hardwood paneling> No big deal compared to so many others.
I can do it!! :thumbup: 
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 09:39:49 AM »

We are ok.  We are very grateful to not have taken in water but that is twice it has almost come in.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »

We are ok.  We are very grateful to not have taken in water but that is twice it has almost come in.

But you didn't answer the door?
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »

We were on western edge so we got lots of rain and wind, but nothing destructive. 
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »

no flood damage , dammit, I need new floors and I have flood insurance! :banghead:
It's all just part of the adventure!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »

All good up this way!! We never got any of the rain from Harvey at all.
Didnt need any!!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

aries

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 01:11:18 AM »

I live up in Romayor, a small spot in the rode 18 miles out of Cleveland. We got hit with Harvey twice when it turned out into the Gulf and came back in. I am ok never got flooded but now I have no water to my house, the water plant was flooded and it could be another week or so before I get water again. But Horse Shoe which is right on the river was flooded and about 300 people lost their homes.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 06:50:59 AM »

I live up in Romayor, a small spot in the rode 18 miles out of Cleveland. We got hit with Harvey twice when it turned out into the Gulf and came back in. I am ok never got flooded but now I have no water to my house, the water plant was flooded and it could be another week or so before I get water again. But Horse Shoe which is right on the river was flooded and about 300 people lost their homes.

Hope you get water soon, good luck.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »

Randy  Texas Cajun. was not so luckey! :violin: :redcard:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 07:00:03 PM »

Randy  Texas Cajun. was not so luckey! :violin: :redcard:

sorry to hear that, let me know if I can do something .

aries

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 07:51:12 PM »

Just got news today that the 787 bridge crossing the Trinity has structural damage so they maybe closing the bridge. From Romayor this is our straightest shot into Cleveland, Houston and all points beyond. The only way to get across the Trinity from here is over a bridge in any direction. Guess I could start a river boat ferry business.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »

Just got news today that the 787 bridge crossing the Trinity has structural damage so they maybe closing the bridge. From Romayor this is our straightest shot into Cleveland, Houston and all points beyond. The only way to get across the Trinity from here is over a bridge in any direction. Guess I could start a river boat ferry business.

Great looking bike you got there.  ;D

aries

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 03:49:44 PM »

Thanks Gumbo  ^-^

I done all of the custom work myself, except for the Woodie's Fairing. It is all together and works great, but I still have to do some finishing work.

1500 Goldwing trunk
1100 Goldwing trunk mount bracket
Side opening hard bags.
Custom made mounting hardware., etc.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:52:29 PM by aries »

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 04:22:08 PM »

Very nice X bike. Got your reservations in for the Texas X Riders 15th annual Bluebonnet Thunder gathering next year in Bandera? Great time with great people and great riding. Need more VTX bikes to show. Yours might win  in the bike show! Come go with us, you won't be sorry.............. unless you don't go!
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal