Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gulf Coast Residence - Get Ready for Irma  (Read 702 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Gulf Coast Residence - Get Ready for Irma
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:11:23 PM »

If you don't already know, Irma is a tropical storm heading West and will be 338 miles East or Puerto Rico on Tuesday.  I am going to go ahead and buy water and gas this week when it's actually available.  Well, maybe this weekend....supplies still low in some areas.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:20:13 PM by Rocket67 »
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: Gulf Coast Residence - Gert Ready for Irma
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:16:24 PM »

Hell, it's already a Category 2 hurricane.  :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: 

At current speed it's 10 days away from the Texas cost (give or take) assuming it's actually heading this way.  I think this one is more of an Ike type rather than a Harvey.  Meaning, Ike comes over to your house, gets drunk, breaks the furniture, pisses on the floor and leaves before daybreak.  Harvey comes over to your house and just doesn't go away even after all the other guest have left then ask if you have a bed he can crash in for a few days. 

Stay tuned!! 

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »

No she is a Cat 3
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

aries

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 07:14:37 PM »

Several years ago I read a book about zombies in Houston. Houston had been hit by one hurricane after the other and was impossibly flooded so no one could get out or in and then the zombies came.  Man I hope that doesn't happen. :ohwow:

Flesh Eaters

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 06:13:36 AM »

Several years ago I read a book about zombies in Houston. Houston had been hit by one hurricane after the other and was impossibly flooded so no one could get out or in and then the zombies came.  Man I hope that doesn't happen. :ohwow:

They are already driving around all over Houston.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 08:02:03 AM »

Zombies don't or will ever exist...........however, there are idiots and that's pretty close. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 09:31:56 AM »

Zombies don't or will ever exist...........however, there are idiots and that's pretty close.

Is your scientific research you have hypothesized that zombies are impossible?  What methodology did you use to test your hypothesis?
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 10:10:20 AM »

Please, enough with the zombies already........  I'm sick of seeing zombie targets all over the shooting ranges, and seeing "special" (meaning high-priced) "zombie killer" ammunition, and people sending me "zombie killer" videos.  I think some people have actually begun to believe in them.........
02 1800C

aries

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »

Please, enough with the zombies already........  I'm sick of seeing zombie targets all over the shooting ranges, and seeing "special" (meaning high-priced) "zombie killer" ammunition, and people sending me "zombie killer" videos.  I think some people have actually begun to believe in them.........

You don't believe in zombies then you haven't met my ex.  :stickpoke:

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 11:16:34 AM »

Sorry, I like the zombie killer rounds.   :thumbup:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

aries

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 12:13:24 PM »

Actually there is a zombie like infection in nature, nature will fool you so do not rule out the possibility.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-scariest-zombies-in-nature-65517629/

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 08:14:55 AM »

Is your scientific research you have hypothesized that zombies are impossible?  What methodology did you use to test your hypothesis?

TIME
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »

TIME

Tetrodotoxin
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

aries

• Rider
Re: Gulf Coast Residence - Get Ready for Irma
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »

We are having fun with this, and I agree that the human body would rot to the point where it fell apart. But and this is a big but, what if an engineered virus could take control of the brain and allow the rest of the body to function as needed to supply the body with blood and nutrients it needs to keep functioning. The infected could get the food needed to sustain the body by eating raw meat. The brain is basically dead, so the person is now the walking dead.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Gulf Coast Residence - Get Ready for Irma
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 03:49:38 PM »

Wayne and I have to leave in the morning to drive straight thru to FL to strip and secure our boat in Pensacola.  Does anyone have knowledge of closed roads or problems in Houston area and further east?
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal