Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BBT 2018 15th Annual Rally PSA  (Read 499 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
BBT 2018 15th Annual Rally PSA
« on: March 30, 2018, 10:21:40 AM »

Wow.........15 Years.  Who would have thought we'd be attending our 15th annual Bluebonnet Thunder Rally.  While I was not there for all 15 we will have representatives that have been.  That is more than dedication that is conviction of what BBT means to them and thank you. 

On to business

We are just under 3 weeks away from our 15th annual rally and I'd like to take some time to bring up some points as you start to prepare for your trek to Bandera.

First and foremost......please please ride as safe and as defensive as possible.  The greatest joy we all receive is seeing each other as we arrive.  Knowing we all have the same interest in mind and to see that gathering is downright awesome.  So again...make it here in one piece.

Be sure to bring cash as a safety net for those places that do not accept card.  I'll be honest though, I haven't been to a place in a very long time out that way that doesn't accept cards so for the most part I think we will all be ok but still BRING SOME CASH.

RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE and by that I'm not talking about your bike or some other guy's ol'lady or vice versa.  I'm talking about riding at your own comfort level.  Do not try to keep up with someones skill level is different than yours.  REMEMBER - SAFETY FIRST  although sometimes I say safety third.  But in all seriousness You will not be left behind on any one ride.  Our rule of thumb is we will always wait for the last rider at any stop light or stop sign before a turn to make sure everyone is together.

With this ^ said.  Know where you are at/going/riding/etc for each ride and don't get butt hurt if you get left behind and get lost and we won't get butt hurt if you decide to break off.  We are all here to enjoy the riding and scenery at our own pace whether that be it fast or slow.

Before any large ride or better yet make it a point to fill up every morning.  Also if your guide stops for fuel it's probably a good time to refuel as well.  Don't assume that your tank is larger (because it might be) but it might not be big enough to get you thru 1 1/2 or 2 of anyone else's refueling. 

If you are bringing beer.......bring enough for everyone.  Don't be greedy.  O0 :couch: :stickpoke:

Johnny Law - follow the speed limits.  They are not speed suggestions.  Yes I will try to include myself in this as well. 

If you are staying at the RV park please be considerate to the long term residents although we have never had a problem.  They actually really like us staying there with them.

I also recommend if you got space for it to bring a collapsible chair.  You just never know when you want to sit down and I guarantee you don't want to plop your Cranberries on the limestone gravel in the hill country. 

If anyone else wants to add to this list please feel free to post up anything I may or probably did forget. 

Again I look forward to seeing everyone and I wish everyone safe travels on your way down.  And the sooner you can get here the better. 

"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: BBT 2018 15th Annual Rally PSA
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:57:33 AM »

👍👍
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:57:31 AM »

....word....
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 01:51:45 PM »

If you are on a Harley you only have to fill up every other time.   :bikerider:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 02:21:10 PM »

If you are on a Goldwing, you don't have to fill up at all. Just be sure to plug it in at night so it is fully charged in the morning.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 08:03:24 AM »

If you are on a Goldwing, you don't have to fill up at all. Just be sure to plug it in at night so it is fully charged in the morning.

I wouldn't want to do the sisters in reverse.   :ohwow:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal