Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Milwaukee 8  (Read 518 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: Milwaukee 8
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 08:23:46 AM »

I think he's glad that he only got a nasty gash on his elbow, and bruises. T shirt and jeans, and a half helmet, and laid it down on gravel. It came to rest in front of a guardrail, and the other side was a bit of an elevation change, let's just say...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 02:51:42 PM »

Glad your friend wasn't hurt any worse than he was.He's going to live to enjoy that new M-8.I saw one of my former students this week. same thing happened to him. He hit some gravel and went down. He told how glad he was that he was geared -up. He told me that after the crash ,he could hear me in his head raving about wearing the gear.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »

Hate to hear about anyone going down, glad he will ride again  ;)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 06:21:02 AM »

Thanks, fellas. Here are some pics of my buddy's crash. I also have a pic of the elbow gash, after they cleaned it, but trust me, dirt is good in this case, if you're as squeamish as I am. He's not an ATGATT guy, especially in the heat, but the picture of how the trucker wallet saved his Cranberries, literally, made me tell him he's actually an ATCATT guy. All The Cash, All The Time!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 06:39:44 AM »

My buddy that went on an earlier trip this year with me has been wanting to get one, but was still kind of attached to his RoadGlide, with 94K miles on it. He totaled it in New Mexico last week, so that probably settles that...
What happened?  Doesn't look like the bike should be totaled but I guess older bikes suffer from the new parts being worth more than the whole bike. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 06:51:00 AM »

He said it's worse than the pics look. There is another one I didn't post that shows the fairing pretty demolished.
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal