VTX Related Rides > Central Texas

Saturday Morning Ride

(1/5) > >>

BobWd:
 :goldwing:  :bikerider: :goldwing: :bikerider:

Was thinking about a ride tomorrow morning, July 22nd, leaving Copperas Cove & going to Gatesville, Turnersville, Cranfills Gap, Clifton, Valley Mills, Crawford, Osage, then back to Gatesville and on into Cove. We could meet at the Lil Tex Restaurant in Cove for breakfast and then leave from there. Times are up in the air but I was figuring leaving Cove by 8:30-9:00 so we could beat most of the heat. This would be a 3-4 hr ride, depending on if we make any stops. Will probably need to fuel up around Clifton or Valley Mills.

BobWd:
I was hoping to stir up some interest from this group but not a single reply. I even posted this on the VTX Facebook pages and got a couple replies from guys that live out of state. Maybe if I had posted a little sooner?? Oh well, I had a great ride all by myself. Left the house about 8:30ish and got home before 11:30, before it got to hot! The only change I made was that, when I left Clifton, I took a right & went to Mosheim and then on to Gatesville and just by passed Valley Mills, Crawford, & Osage.

Rocket67:
I would have loved to do that but I would have rode an extra 500 miles just getting to the ride and back home!!  Maybe next time I'll have to come up Friday and ride with you Saturday. 

BobWd:

--- Quote from: Rocket67 on July 24, 2017, 06:47:58 AM ---I would have loved to do that but I would have rode an extra 500 miles just getting to the ride and back home!!  Maybe next time I'll have to come up Friday and ride with you Saturday.

--- End quote ---

Thanks but I was hoping for more interest from the CenTex area!!  I feel the same way about trying to join one of y'alls rides out of Houston. That's 3-3 1/2 hrs of riding to just get to where you're at!!
I might be interested in meeting some of you half way & riding what ever area we meet at! That would make it a little more fair.
Unless there are some roads up this-a-way that you are wanting to ride, then I would be more than happy to show them to you!!!!!!!!! 

Isorg:

--- Quote from: BobWd on August 01, 2017, 02:16:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rocket67 on July 24, 2017, 06:47:58 AM ---I would have loved to do that but I would have rode an extra 500 miles just getting to the ride and back home!!  Maybe next time I'll have to come up Friday and ride with you Saturday.

--- End quote ---

I feel the same way about trying to join one of y'alls rides out of Houston. That's 3-3 1/2 hrs of riding to just get to where you're at!!

--- End quote ---

hell, i live in houston and sometimes it's an hour+ ride just to get where they are starting at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version