Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Saturday Morning Ride  (Read 2500 times)

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
Saturday Morning Ride
« on: July 21, 2017, 08:16:06 AM »

:goldwing:  :bikerider: :goldwing: :bikerider:

Was thinking about a ride tomorrow morning, July 22nd, leaving Copperas Cove & going to Gatesville, Turnersville, Cranfills Gap, Clifton, Valley Mills, Crawford, Osage, then back to Gatesville and on into Cove. We could meet at the Lil Tex Restaurant in Cove for breakfast and then leave from there. Times are up in the air but I was figuring leaving Cove by 8:30-9:00 so we could beat most of the heat. This would be a 3-4 hr ride, depending on if we make any stops. Will probably need to fuel up around Clifton or Valley Mills.

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Saturday Morning Ride
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 06:44:12 AM »

I was hoping to stir up some interest from this group but not a single reply. I even posted this on the VTX Facebook pages and got a couple replies from guys that live out of state. Maybe if I had posted a little sooner?? Oh well, I had a great ride all by myself. Left the house about 8:30ish and got home before 11:30, before it got to hot! The only change I made was that, when I left Clifton, I took a right & went to Mosheim and then on to Gatesville and just by passed Valley Mills, Crawford, & Osage.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 06:47:58 AM »

I would have loved to do that but I would have rode an extra 500 miles just getting to the ride and back home!!  Maybe next time I'll have to come up Friday and ride with you Saturday. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 02:16:40 PM »

I would have loved to do that but I would have rode an extra 500 miles just getting to the ride and back home!!  Maybe next time I'll have to come up Friday and ride with you Saturday.

Thanks but I was hoping for more interest from the CenTex area!!  I feel the same way about trying to join one of y'alls rides out of Houston. That's 3-3 1/2 hrs of riding to just get to where you're at!!
I might be interested in meeting some of you half way & riding what ever area we meet at! That would make it a little more fair.
Unless there are some roads up this-a-way that you are wanting to ride, then I would be more than happy to show them to you!!!!!!!!! 

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 05:05:05 PM »

I feel the same way about trying to join one of y'alls rides out of Houston. That's 3-3 1/2 hrs of riding to just get to where you're at!!

hell, i live in houston and sometimes it's an hour+ ride just to get where they are starting at.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 06:12:17 AM »

I feel the same way about trying to join one of y'alls rides out of Houston. That's 3-3 1/2 hrs of riding to just get to where you're at!!

hell, i live in houston and sometimes it's an hour+ ride just to get where they are starting at.

Well, ya, I could see where that would happen. Fun part about living around a major city! I can get across town in 15 minutes. Can be in Austin or Waco in about an hour. While you are trying to get to the meet up spot, I'm already out enjoying the countryside!!  LOL :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 06:37:49 AM »

Thanks but I was hoping for more interest from the CenTex area!!  I feel the same way about trying to join one of y'alls rides out of Houston. That's 3-3 1/2 hrs of riding to just get to where you're at!!

Bob, haven't we talked about this already?  ;) The only two actual riders even remotely still attached with this group, (besides you), in the CenTex area, are Bobby Fowler and me. We get out and ride together from time to time, and did so the weekend before last, on a little RTE to Green's Sausage House, just east of Temple. If you want to ride, PM me here, and we'll see if we can meet up. Otherwise, you're just whistling in a graveyard!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »

Bob, haven't we talked about this already?  ;) The only two actual riders even remotely still attached with this group, (besides you), in the CenTex area, are Bobby Fowler and me. We get out and ride together from time to time, and did so the weekend before last, on a little RTE to Green's Sausage House, just east of Temple. If you want to ride, PM me here, and we'll see if we can meet up. Otherwise, you're just whistling in a graveyard!

Yea, I know but you can't blame a guy for trying!!
By the way, the last time we spoke you said something about a new house? How'd that go??

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 07:55:43 AM »

By the way, the last time we spoke you said something about a new house? How'd that go??

I understand, and wish it was different. The ol' gang was a lot of fun.

The new house has been good; thanks for asking. We moved in in late March of 2016. Built a pool last winter, and I'm glad to have no more contractors stopping by. It's on an acre, so a bit of breathing room, with a 525 acre Georgetown city park behind us.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 08:33:08 AM »

I understand, and wish it was different. The ol' gang was a lot of fun.

The new house has been good; thanks for asking. We moved in in late March of 2016. Built a pool last winter, and I'm glad to have no more contractors stopping by. It's on an acre, so a bit of breathing room, with a 525 acre Georgetown city park behind us.

:congrats: :cool2: :notworthy: :thumbup:
That looks & sounds nice!!  Hope it's easier to find than the last one!  LOL

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »

I could always find the last one. Well, most of the time...  :ohwow:
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 07:18:09 PM »

I would surely hope so.....you lived there. For me on the other hand......and not knowing Austin that well anymore??

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »

I rode Tuesday!!!

My poor baby barely started in the driveway. Drove down to the library which is about 8 miles away. Did a bit of work there and had to push start her by myself to go to New Braunfels. But the 18 mile drive to the stealership was enough to get the battery charged back up. Got a new rear tire so now I can get an inspection and tags which expired in June.

If I can just get some days without needing the pickup truck, I'll ride some more. But Everytime I turn around these days, I have to have 4 wheels for some reason.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 06:26:06 AM »

I would surely hope so.....you lived there. For me on the other hand......and not knowing Austin that well anymore??

Well, I'm up in Leander now, if that's any better. Moved 8 miles north, straight up Parmer. Too crowded where we were, and the neighborhood had changed. Our back fence line is Leander city limits, so I can pee through the fence into Georgetown!
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 06:27:23 AM »

I rode Tuesday!!!

My poor baby barely started in the driveway. Drove down to the library which is about 8 miles away. Did a bit of work there and had to push start her by myself to go to New Braunfels. But the 18 mile drive to the stealership was enough to get the battery charged back up. Got a new rear tire so now I can get an inspection and tags which expired in June.

If I can just get some days without needing the pickup truck, I'll ride some more. But Everytime I turn around these days, I have to have 4 wheels for some reason.

I always forget you guys are in CenTex now. You're in north San Antonio, and I'm in south Dallas....  ::)
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal