Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Open Talk - What keeps you from attending Bluebonnet Thunder Rally  (Read 1561 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: Open Talk - What keeps you from attending Bluebonnet Thunder Rally
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »

Since the early days of BBT, rain has been an issue in the earlier part of April so the BOD has, for the most part, focused on dates later in April or early in May. Rain has a way of deterring many from riding. Especially when camping.

For me it's a new business. I'm getting to the point of being able to pick and choose when I can take time off but I'm not certain yet. If all goes according to plan I'll make it this year. I'd hate to miss the 15th anniversary.  :c :bikerider: :lunch: :c :bikerider: :lunch:

This year was the first time I didn't get rained on so moving the date out didn't help much.  I prefer it to be a little cloudy anyway and if I have to deal with a little rain as a result then so be it.  That being said, I can understand why some do not want to get caught up in the rain. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 07:27:04 AM »

Rain doesn't really bother me either but I know it is a deterrent.  I do however know this that in the hill country they don't get rain showers like here in Houston that can last several hours.  We get a lot of quick downpours but there are even less. 

I just really hate the constant worry of hail over there.  Still it's going to happen if it's going to happen.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2017, 07:27:32 AM »

Lack of day passes.

(just said that to cheese Gumbo off!)  :stickpoke:

Personally, I don't think BBT could be in better hands than it is currently, with Paul, and of course, Ruthy. Speaking for myself, but I'm sure Bobby Fowler would agree, it was great meeting them during this year's BBT, albeit not in Bandera. I've only been to a couple of BBTs over the years for a couple of reasons, neither of which can be "fixed", so they shouldn't be of concern, but either may also be a reason others don't attend.

1. I don't camp. Did that enough in the Army. I know I could try to score a cabin, which isn't camping, but that leads to...
2. BBT is in the area of Texas where I live, so have ridden it many times already. Riding in the Hill Country is cool and all, but when I go on a motorcycle trip, unless it's Big Bend, it's not in Texas.

Hats off to all of you that have attended and supported the BBT all these years, and of course, the Texas X Riders site. These days, to have a group stick together for 14-15 years is amazing, even more so when one considers that the main reason for getting together originally, the Honda VTX, is no longer built, and not ridden by all anymore.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:23:50 AM by jmdaniel »
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »

I know what you mean about riding the Hill country as I have done it many times myself. I go mainly because of the people in the group that I have become friends with over the years and this gives me a chance to see some of them that I may only see a couple of times a year. This is a really good bunch of folks. It is kinda amusing that only about half of the bikes in the group are X Bikes these days but what ya gonna do? I do still have a soft spot for the VTX best bike for the money IMO.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »

Lack of day passes.

(just said that to cheese Gumbo off!)  :stickpoke: We give day passes to everyone but you silly ;D ;D

Personally, I don't think BBT could be in better hands than it is currently, with Paul, and of course, Ruthie. Speaking for myself, but I'm sure Bobby Fowler would agree, it was great meeting them during this year's BBT, albeit not in Bandera. I've only been to a couple of BBTs over the years for a couple of reasons, neither of which can be "fixed", so they shouldn't be of concern, but either may also be a reason others don't attend.

1. I don't camp. Did that enough in the Army. I know I could try to score a cabin, which isn't camping, but that leads to...
2. BBT is in the area of Texas where I live, so have ridden it many times already. Riding in the Hill Country is cool and all, but when I go on a motorcycle trip, unless it's Big Bend, it's not in Texas.

Hats off to all of you that have attended and supported the BBT all these years, and of course, the Texas X Riders site. These days, to have a group stick together for 14-15 years is amazing, even more so when one considers that the main reason for getting together originally, the Honda VTX, is no longer built, and not ridden by all anymore.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2017, 06:23:18 AM »

Lack of day passes.

(just said that to cheese Gumbo off!)  :stickpoke: We give day passes to everyone but you silly ;D ;D

I suspected as much!  ;D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal