Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Harvest Classic in Luckenbach October 20 & 21, 2017  (Read 6123 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Harvest Classic in Luckenbach October 20 & 21, 2017
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »

I've already got it on my calendar for next year....Libby is definitely invited.  Will be a more seasoned camper next year.  I'll ride down and Libby may bring the gear in the Jeep.

There are hotels nearby.
Fredericksberg is a tourist town and hotels fillup and are boring, besides the campgrounds is where the action is.
Fredericksberg hotels are over priced to just sleep in!! Rocket you can get RV and trailer and you can be a true Harley rider !! Camping is where its at in Luckenbach!  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:49:26 AM by Chad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 06:42:04 AM »

Fredericksberg holtels are over priced to just sleep in!! Rocket you can get RV and trailer and you can be a true Harley rider !! Camping is where its at in Luckenbach!  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

I need to rent a truck too if I did that.

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 04:00:22 PM »

I've already got it on my calendar for next year....Libby is definitely invited.  Will be a more seasoned camper next year.  I'll ride down and Libby may bring the gear in the Jeep.

There are hotels nearby.
Fredericksberg is a tourist town and hotels fillup and are boring, besides the campgrounds is where the action is.

Deb and I must be tourist. After everyone needed to leave on Saturday due to the weather concerns. Deb and I went back to KOA and dropped the bikes and grabbed the dogs and drove down in the truck to Fredericksberg for something to eat. Once we got downtown, something happened that I had not ever experienced before. We own a Hairless Chinese Crescent which if you our not familiar with the breed is pretty damn ugly and unique dog. We walked around for about an hour and at least 50 people came up to check the dog out. And the majority were pretty damn drunk  at four in the afternoon.  It was obvious that most had just finished a day at the wineries. I have always had some concerns but never had that much interaction with people on the streets until then. To all when you're in the area keep in mind a lot of people behind the wheel have been tasting most of the day.
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2017, 04:34:54 PM »

We have decided for next year we will get a camp spot at Luckenbach put an Easy up and some chairs and when we're done for the evening head back to the KOA to sleep and shower.
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2017, 02:10:21 PM »

We have decided for next year we will get a camp spot at Luckenbach put an Easy up and some chairs and when we're done for the evening head back to the KOA to sleep and shower.

Not a bad idea. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal