Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Helmet Temps  (Read 325 times)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Helmet Temps
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:29:43 PM »

my next helmet will be white   

It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Helmet Temps
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 07:06:46 AM »

Not only better temps, but visibility is another plus.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 07:31:01 AM »

my next helmet will be white   

Absolutely. I have a white F6B, a white Shoei NeoTec, and usually wear a white Joe Rocket jacket. Cooler temps, and cagers think I'm a cop, so they act right. Well, at least, better. The other cool thing about white helmets is that they are usually less expensive than the others of the same model.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »

I have this really light blue biltwell helmet that's called Seafoam blue and when I would pair it up with a set of aviator glasses, I swear people looking back in their mirrors thought I was a cop.  I'm not even exaggerating but I can't tell you how many people would move over from the left lane to let me pass and you know most folks don't move over for crap.  Even Ruthy noticed it. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 10:32:12 AM »

I have this really light blue biltwell helmet that's called Seafoam blue and when I would pair it up with a set of aviator glasses, I swear people looking back in their mirrors thought I was a cop.  I'm not even exaggerating but I can't tell you how many people would move over from the left lane to let me pass and you know most folks don't move over for crap.  Even Ruthy noticed it.

It is hilarious to see, and nice that they get the hell over.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal