Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone ride this route or part of it?  (Read 573 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Anyone ride this route or part of it?
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »

https://goo.gl/maps/aaYN6QkS7hv

This one hits some out of the way roads.  After stopping at the Devils Backbone Tavern I am going to go on some back roads.  In Blanco I am going through the pack then to Kendallia Rd (102), then Old Blanco Rd to 473.  We'll cut down 474 almost into Boerne then Cut over to John's Rd. which turns into Resort Way and Blue Heron Rd. then several other roads that cut through some hills (on Google Maps this looks really scenic).   This eventually goes into 46 which we'll take over to 16 then in to Bandera. 

Just looking for advice if anyone has info on these roads.  Stuff like, are they still there, are they paved, are there any really bad corners to watch out for, etc, etc. 

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Anyone ride this route or part of it?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »

Me andown Gary used that route and ended in Goliad state park, might as well check out the mission. :c
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 11:59:13 AM »

Me andown Gary used that route and ended in Goliad state park, might as well check out the mission. :c

Looked it up....not even close.  Go have another dOObie.   :c :congrats: :thumbup:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:14:36 PM by Rocket67 »
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 03:39:52 PM »

Rocket,

Don't make the turn in Boerne that you have planned. Keep going down Esser to the creek then turn left. This is a beautiful stretch of hwy 46. And there is usually some scenery of the female kind along the creek. You going to love the rest of hwy 46.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 06:22:09 AM »

Rocket,

Don't make the turn in Boerne that you have planned. Keep going down Esser to the creek then turn left. This is a beautiful stretch of hwy 46. And there is usually some scenery of the female kind along the creek. You going to love the rest of hwy 46.

I wanted to go by the resort and check it out plus Tapatio Rd is cut through the hillside, very cool.  Any reason to take that stretch of 46 as an alternate?  On Google street view it looks pretty plain. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 10:34:39 AM »

Well, I should have said to cut back north when you get to HWY 87 and rejoin Johns Road. I only meant to take the river road just in Boerne. Cuz yeah, turning left on 87 sucks. But I think you'll enjoy the slight detour in Boerne.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 11:42:45 AM »

Well, I should have said to cut back north when you get to HWY 87 and rejoin Johns Road. I only meant to take the river road just in Boerne. Cuz yeah, turning left on 87 sucks. But I think you'll enjoy the slight detour in Boerne.

Ahhhh...gotcha.  Cool, I'll make the change.  Thanks.   :thumbup:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal