Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2003 GoldWing  (Read 2689 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: 2003 GoldWing
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 08:09:50 AM »

$7000 will get a nice 1500 and alot of people prefer them or an older model Valkerie. The Interstate model is very cool. For about 10k he could probably get a new Valk as they are not selling. Runs the same drive train as the GW.

He is not a wrench kind of guy and wants to get as new as possible.  2002-2006 seems to be what he is finding in his price range.  He is going to look at the one in Brazoria this weekend.  It only has about 40K miles on it and has been garage kept so should be in good shape.  The one that we looked at yesterday was one a guy said was his daily driver and when we got there he had a Poliris Slingshot in the driveway that his PARENTS (yes he lived with his parents) said he sold his Ducati to buy.  Methings the guy bought it at a scrap sale and was trying to flip.  Hopefuly this other one will be in much better shape.  

As far as the Valkerie, he is looking for a bike for him and his Wife.  Valkerie lists for over $18K with seat back and saddlebags, doubt they will come down to 10k and my buddy is a cash payer so no notes.  His limit is 7K.  
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 08:11:11 AM »

Never buy anything that has lived in Galveston for any amount of time.  It will be a piece of rust crap............true story.  I didn't buy but I had two friends that moved over there because of women and their bikes rusted to crap.  They thought about selling but nobody wanted a pitted bike. 

That is a concern but a bike in Brazoria (not on the beach exactly) that has been garaged may not have that problem.  Only close inspection will tell. 

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 12:33:45 PM »

I know you can get a new  Valk in Baton Rouge for about 10k. I've seen it. But he needs to get what he will be happy with
It's all just part of the adventure!
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal