Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Harvest Classic Luckenbach, TX. October 21-22  (Read 1652 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
2016 Harvest Classic Luckenbach, TX. October 21-22
« on: September 15, 2016, 08:18:54 AM »

Any interest to ride out and campout for a couple of days.  I mean real camp....like a tent with poles type camping.  I went a few years ago and Gumbo accompanied me.  We actually went scouting Bandera prior to our first Bandera BBT.  You pay to attend the event and it comes with free camping (first come first served). 

I'm planning on riding the Sportster there so it might be a long ride there.  You know running out of azz before gas, but in the sportsters case I'd run out of both equally at the same time. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: 2016 Harvest Classic Luckenbach, TX. October 21-22
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:22:00 AM »

Any interest to ride out and campout for a couple of days.  I mean real camp....like a tent with poles type camping.  I went a few years ago and Gumbo accompanied me.  We actually went scouting Bandera prior to our first Bandera BBT.  You pay to attend the event and it comes with free camping (first come first served).  

I'm planning on riding the Sportster there so it might be a long ride there.  You know running out of azz before gas, but in the sportsters case I'd run out of both equally at the same time.  

So, you are pretty much looking for someone to haul your gear.  Sounds like fun...pretending to be homeless for a weekend.  Uhhh..no.   :stickpoke:

Kidding aside, sounds like fun but I am going to LSR a couple of weeks after that and the wife gets a little funny around that time. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 09:25:06 PM »

we have other plans for those days.  Hope you have a good time Matap
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 06:24:46 AM »

A big maybe for me  ??? It's a cool event worth going fer sure :bikerider:

It depends on if I am burnt out on camping or not  :idontknow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 08:11:19 AM »

Any interest to ride out and campout for a couple of days.  I mean real camp....like a tent with poles type camping.  I went a few years ago and Gumbo accompanied me.  We actually went scouting Bandera prior to our first Bandera BBT.  You pay to attend the event and it comes with free camping (first come first served).  

I'm planning on riding the Sportster there so it might be a long ride there.  You know running out of azz before gas, but in the sportsters case I'd run out of both equally at the same time.  

So, you are pretty much looking for someone to haul your gear.  Sounds like fun...pretending to be homeless for a weekend.  Uhhh..no.   :stickpoke:

Kidding aside, sounds like fun but I am going to LSR a couple of weeks after that and the wife gets a little funny around that time. 

I'm no hoser....I carry my own gear, except for that one time when David carried my 1 gallon fuel tank a couple years back. 

It's nice feeling homeless knowing you have a home to come back to when your done feeling homeless.   :banghead:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 01:50:38 PM »

won't know untill a day or two before the event.
It's all just part of the adventure!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal