Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saddlebags  (Read 1556 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Saddlebags
« on: August 03, 2016, 05:04:19 PM »

Well my left LeatherLyke bag almost fell off my bike today, so guess I'm looking for something to fit 1800R ::)
Not into spending 450 on LeatherLyke, just something to carry my junk in for now.

Suggestion are welcome on bags that work for you  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Saddlebags
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:46:32 PM »

I have a extra set of side cases from a 2006 Goldwing!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 07:22:41 PM »

I have a extra set of side cases from a 2006 Goldwing!

Think I could make em work on VTX ??? ???

Looking at some pretty nice ones on line that won't break the bank right now.  :thumbup:
Thanks
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 06:55:08 AM »

Get an Indian Chieftan.  It already has bags. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 08:12:45 AM »

Well my left LeatherLyke bag almost fell off my bike today, so guess I'm looking for something to fit 1800R ::)
Not into spending 450 on LeatherLyke, just something to carry my junk in for now.

Wait a second.....your Honda has parts almost falling off..... :redcard:  Impossible.  This is Ludacris!!!!
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »

Wait a second.....your Honda has parts almost falling off..... :redcard:  Impossible.  This is Ludacris!!!!

Makes you wonder wth he is carrying?!
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

paffap

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 10:57:44 AM »

There is a set of new Viking saddle bags on Houston Craigslist, motorcycle parts VTX in search box Asking 250, I don't know if that is a deal or not

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 01:26:00 PM »

Not parts just bags, you know I ride  ;D
They had a crack when I bought them and being a cajun you know I tacked some flashing inside and worked for a long time :thumbup:
All good things come to an end.  :c

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 01:30:09 PM »

There is a set of new Viking saddle bags on Houston Craigslist, motorcycle parts VTX in search box Asking 250, I don't know if that is a deal or not

Thanks buddy ordered these last night https://www.vikingbags.com/honda-vtx-1800-r-large-ultimate-shape-motorcycle-saddlebags-5923-prd1.htm Hope they work, going to keep the X but really looking at a touring bike, serious enough to take a part time job :ohwow:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 04:58:58 PM »

Thanks buddy ordered these last night https://www.vikingbags.com/honda-vtx-1800-r-large-ultimate-shape-motorcycle-saddlebags-5923-prd1.htm Hope they work, going to keep the X but really looking at a touring bike, serious enough to take a part time job :ohwow:

Goldwing?
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 05:57:48 PM »

Get an Indian Chieftan.  It already has bags. 

Sissy bike no way Jose ;D

Ghost Rider

• Trailer Queen
  • 2008 VTX 1800 Black Suga
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »

a used VTX 1800 Eagle killa??
Maybe??
 :ohwow: :flag: :ohwow:
2012 VTX 1300 Interstate (Deer D. O. A. ) 11-09-2016
2008 VTX 1800 Ms. ''T'', Black Suga

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal