Tech Talk > Tech Articles and Links

Duracell AGM DTX30LA or Batterys+ CYL10009

(1/2) > >>

Rocket67:
After about 28 months my battery has gone to the big biker bar in the sky.  I have been looking for a replacement and came across the Batteries + Duracell AGM battery.  I have read a lot of posts that HD is made by the same company that makes Big Crank, Yuasa, etc which is East Penn.  Well, the DTX30LA is also made by East Penn under the Duracell brand and boasts 400 CCA as opposed to HD 365 plus the warranty from Batteries + is 2 years vs Harley warranty of 1.  Considering the performance of my first battery (that has been on a tender it's whole life) I have decided to try the Duracell made by East Penn Mfg.  

If there are any problems I will follow up in this thread.  

http://www.driveduracell.com/assets/duracell/image/1685.pdf

matap:
I have the same one and so far it's been a year with no issues. 

Gumbo:
 ;D
I have the same one and so far it's been a year with no issues, only mines bigger :stickpoke:.  

Rocket67:

--- Quote from: Gumbo on July 19, 2016, 10:57:29 AM --- ;D
I have the same one and so far it's been a year with no issues, only mines bigger :stickpoke:.  

--- End quote ---

Your head?

**EDIT** 

That was just wrong....Lord, I apologize for making fun of Gumbo's head and the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea! Amen!

Rocket67:
What are those thick brass washers with one flat side for?  I didn't see any need to use them, confused about what they are for and if I should have used them.  The screws came with washers so that's not it.  Other than that, the battery is in and now my bike starts without turning the radio off. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version