Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Early morning Meet & Greet  (Read 5661 times)

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Early morning Meet & Greet
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 10:55:38 AM »

Some years back a crew from the Houston area met up in the early wee hours of one June weekend and we rode to Marble Falls for breakfast.  Some guys from the CenTex crew also met us up.  I am contemplating putting together this ride again.   The idea is to get a nice early morning ride and try to be back before the hottest part of the day kicks in.

From the Houston area we met up at 290 and Mueske Rd at the Buccees and basically rode to Cedar Park just north of Austin.  Then we rode FM 1431 to Marble Falls and had breakfast at the Super Taco.  After breakfast some made some other riding arrangements and others just started to make the trek back home to Houston.  we took a little route that eventually got us back home around 2 p.m. and then a well deserved nap was in order.  

From Houston to Marble Falls is roughly 200 miles and from DFW area about the same.  We don't have to exactly eat at Super Taco but 1431 is a really nice route.  

:lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch:

The Bluebonnet Cafe is always a good choice! Their breakfasts are some of the best I've ever had!!
Once we set a date, we can check to see if they might have a room/ area that we could reserve; depending on how many we have that wants go!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:24:00 AM by BobWd »

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 10:57:20 AM »

It's getting hot in here, I'm gonna take off all my clothes  :redcard: :ohwow: :ohwow:

:what: :what: :what: :what: :what: :what:
Quick, everyone close your eyes so you don't get blinded by the glare!!!!!!!!!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 11:03:44 AM »

It's getting hot in here, I'm gonna take off all my clothes  :redcard: :ohwow: :ohwow:

No glare here, I walk around my back yard naked all the time  :ohwow: :t :t
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 11:22:49 AM »

Get it out of your system now cuase I don't want to see no naked Gumbo on this ride. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

matap

• Board
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 11:23:43 AM »

Some years back a crew from the Houston area met up in the early wee hours of one June weekend and we rode to Marble Falls for breakfast.  Some guys from the CenTex crew also met us up.  I am contemplating putting together this ride again.   The idea is to get a nice early morning ride and try to be back before the hottest part of the day kicks in.

From the Houston area we met up at 290 and Mueske Rd at the Buccees and basically rode to Cedar Park just north of Austin.  Then we rode FM 1431 to Marble Falls and had breakfast at the Super Taco.  After breakfast some made some other riding arrangements and others just started to make the trek back home to Houston.  we took a little route that eventually got us back home around 2 p.m. and then a well deserved nap was in order.  

From Houston to Marble Falls is roughly 200 miles and from DFW area about the same.  We don't have to exactly eat at Super Taco but 1431 is a really nice route.  

:lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch: :lunch:

The Bluebonnet Cafe is always a good choice! Their breakfasts are some of the best I've ever had!!

Yeah.  That's the place I was thinking.  Although the Super Taco has a some great Mexican breakfast but I've been there plenty. 

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »

No glare here, I walk around my back yard naked all the time  :ohwow: :t :t

Now there's an image I really need to get out of my head, QUICK!!!!!! It's burning a hole through my skull!

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 11:28:14 AM »

Yeah.  That's the place I was thinking.  Although the Super Taco has a some great Mexican breakfast but I've been there plenty. 

The Bluebonnet even cooks theirs eggs in butter & the pancakes are deolishious!!!!

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 11:42:17 AM »

Looks like there is definitely some interest.  I'll start working the details up. 

I think the sooner the better so let's shoot for July 9th!!!!  Anyone else????

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 01:02:32 PM »

I think the sooner the better so let's shoot for July 9th!!!!  Anyone else????

I am already planning on riding somewhere that day.  Works for me. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 01:19:27 PM »

I was actually planning for the 16th.  I need a few weekends to straighten some things out on the bike.  How many are available the 16th?

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 01:38:34 PM »

I was actually planning for the 16th.  I need a few weekends to straighten some things out on the bike.  How many are available the 16th?

Nothing on the schedule yet.  What time you leaving?  3AM?  Gonna be hot then too. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:48:39 PM by Rocket67 »
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 02:41:38 PM »

https://goo.gl/maps/V7JGiqGE3op

Looks like fun. 

When we did this we met up at the Buccees around 3:50 am and then burned out @ 4 a.m.. Couple of stops and then the best part of the ride is on 1431.

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 03:15:21 PM »

:cuss:
Sorry guys, I got my dates messed up. They are July 9 & 23. My wife is off work on the 16th & we usually spend time with the grandsons when she is off.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »

Can't make it on the 16th...The Libmeisters Birthday...we may be on the coast or tubing the Frio...
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal