Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just looked at the maps of the event and couldn't be any happier!!  (Read 802 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind

I booked a hotel last year right after the event ended. In my booking I was trying to get as close to the strand as possible and ended up on the Seawall about 1.5 miles from the Strand.  Not exactly walking distance but not Horrible.  My worry was drinking....even with a short distance to ride there is still a very good reason to limit drinking to stay under the .08BAC.   Not just for tickets but also for my own safety.  I just pulled up the event maps and was very happy to see that now (don't know if they did this any other year) there is pretty much the exact same thing on the Seawall....and it's 3 blocks from my hotel.  Looks like there are two main even locations for this thing so now I can ride to the Strand....check out the stuff and then park at the hotel and go get stupid on the Seawall.  WINNING!!!
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Just looked at the maps of the event and couldn't be any happier!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:05:39 AM »

Very cool.  They stopped one or two years with events on the seawall but they were there last year.  They always have their baddest bagger show on the seawall.  They have a bike show Saturday with a Sportster class that I'm going to try to enter.  That show will be on the pier near the strand. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 07:20:40 PM »

Get with a coupla of riders and take a Taxi. I did that from the seawall to the strand. Didn't cost that much and was well. worth it.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 03:24:22 PM »

Very cool.  They stopped one or two years with events on the seawall but they were there last year.  They always have their baddest bagger show on the seawall.  They have a bike show Saturday with a Sportster class that I'm going to try to enter.  That show will be on the pier near the strand. 

I'll try to make that. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 07:41:53 AM »

They have a bike show Saturday with a Sportster class that I'm going to try to enter.  That show will be on the pier near the strand. 

The flyer shows at "Beach Central - Seawall" which I think is around 20th and Seawall.  I am going to come by for sure. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal