Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Meet & Greet 2015  (Read 12692 times)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Meet & Greet 2015
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »

I put my vote in for either Boat House Grill or Thundercloud Subs.  Boat House looks like it has a wide variety of foods to choose from.

How early can you meet for lunch BobWd?  My recommendation since it is so freaking HOT out there is that we meet as early as possible for everyone.

Xcaliber, what are your plans?

ride visit eat  ride home :t
It's all just part of the adventure!

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 03:36:21 PM »

Although the weekend of the 11th and 12th is out for us, how about something on the west side of Austin? Say around the 620/2222 intersection? It's about an hour and fifteen for us to that point.

I might be down in your neck of the woods this Saturday. Myself & a couple of friends are talking about coming down & riding the Devil's Backbone. Haven't finalized anything yet.

devils backbone we did, must be devil's shortest bone jajaja about 2 min pay attention or you would miss it. now the beer at Blanco brewery was worth the crappy  devils bone ride tough:bikerider: 
just take it slow

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 04:23:38 PM »

I vote for the Boathouse Grill.

http://www.boathousegrill.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/boat-house-grill-menu-download.pdf

Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich, Chocolate Milkshake and Fried Apple Pie.... YUM YUM  :lunch: :lunch:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 06:44:06 AM »

>:( :cuss: :redcard: :ohwow:

This is upsetting, since I am the one trying to put this together, but I may not be able to make it. My friend, who is a welder, will be free at the end of this week so we are going to work on making my exhaust a dual set up. We will start on it Thursday afternoon so if we can get it finished before Saturday, I should be able to make it. Sorry for any problems this may cause. Y'all go a head & keep this going!!!!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »

Bob, if you are not able to go then I would rather ride closer to home.  Since Xcaliber is the only other one who appears to be showing up, then we could meet maybe in San Marcos and ride out towards Wimberly/Blanco area.  I don't mind making up new plans last minute.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 02:40:37 PM »

Lucky, if that's what you would like to do, go a head. I don't have a problem with it. I have been waiting for my friend to get free for a couple of weeks now. Tried to put this together thinking it was going to be a while bit longer. I am sorry to waste everyone's time like this. Maybe one Saturday in August?

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »

Lucky, if that's what you would like to do, go a head. I don't have a problem with it. I have been waiting for my friend to get free for a couple of weeks now. Tried to put this together thinking it was going to be a while bit longer. I am sorry to waste everyone's time like this. Maybe one Saturday in August?

I have been watching this and was hoping it was going  to be posted for at least 2 weeks out so could make plans.
So that everyone can schedule there ride time around it just give a little notice then make the date.
Things change and just go with the flow.   8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »

Bob, as far as I am concerned we will wait and see if you can or cannot make it.  I guess let us know by Friday?  And FYI, you are NOT wasting anyone's time.  Major kudos to you for getting this spearheaded. 

Chad, were you planning on joining this ride?
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »

Bob, as far as I am concerned we will wait and see if you can or cannot make it.  I guess let us know by Friday?  And FYI, you are NOT wasting anyone's time.  Major kudos to you for getting this spearheaded. 

Yup!!  If enough notice.  ;D
Member since 2004

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

We won't start working on my bike until Thursday afternoon. Same thing on Friday. I work till 2:30. I'll try & post something by 5ish Friday, is that good?

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »

This sounds interesting.  might try to swing this.  I was about to pull my front end off so I can powdercoat it but I may wait. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »

Wow, this thing is starting to take off. For now, let's say we meet at the Boathouse @ 11:00. Is that good for everyone? If my bike isn't finished, I my try to borrow one just so I can make this & then finish mine when I get back.

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 06:10:42 PM »

Good news! My welder says he thinks it should tale 3-4 hrs max!! We'll have to wait & see.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »

Can you post a address?
Member since 2004

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider