Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: High Temp Engine Paint  (Read 4230 times)

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: High Temp Engine Paint
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 10:50:06 AM »

Mounted some Harley Road King driving lights & turn signals. If I keep going, I may end up with a Honda Davidson! LOL

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 12:28:19 PM »

Mounted some Harley Road King driving lights & turn signals. If I keep going, I may end up with a Honda Davidson! LOL

I wish the Harley had a radiator.  That being said, when the fan kicked on with the VTX that heat was just as bad. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »

I wish the Harley had a radiator.  That being said, when the fan kicked on with the VTX that heat was just as bad. 

My best friend has a 2010 CVO Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide Ultra. He took his wife on a trip down to ride the Three Sisters the 2nd week of August. He had to stop a few times & cool his bike down cause the temps were getting up close to 100.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »

My best friend has a 2010 CVO Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide Ultra. He took his wife on a trip down to ride the Three Sisters the 2nd week of August. He had to stop a few times & cool his bike down cause the temps were getting up close to 100.

I rode 500 miles from Arkansas to Texas in July and only stopped for gas.  No probelms with overheating.....his bike should have been fine. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »

I don't think it was an overheating problem as much as it was the amount of heat coming off the engine, making him uncomfortable.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2015, 06:46:39 AM »

I don't think it was an overheating problem as much as it was the amount of heat coming off the engine, making him uncomfortable.

They come pretty lean from the factory which does not help.  I have some classy leather heat shields under the front of the seat and I have an FP3 (V&H Fuel Pack) that changes the ECU mapping and runs the bike richer which also helps heat issues.  I can ride all day on it and no problem.  Feel free so have your buddy contact me and I can give him some links or just info in general. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2015, 07:51:41 AM »

:good:

I sure will. Thanks for the info.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2015, 07:52:08 AM »

This sounds more like it.  These bikes can take a ridiculous amount of heat before eminent failure.  
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal