Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: *****SOLD*****. Memphis Shades Batwing $350 Port Arthur  (Read 937 times)

RickVTX

• Trailer Queen
*****SOLD*****. Memphis Shades Batwing $350 Port Arthur
« on: May 31, 2015, 07:12:58 PM »

-Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing.  Comes in black.  Has not been painted.
-Fits my 2007 1800C model, and those with "exposed" forks, as Memphis Shades describes.
-Please verify fitment for your specific model.
-I believe the actual fairing is universal, so if purchased for a different model, you would have to order the mounting kit specific to your bike.
-it has the 9 inch windshield with gradient black (fades to clear further up the shield), the slotted trim, and lower fairing deflectors.
-I had this fairing on/off the bike about half a dozen times, for a total of maybe 200 miles.  Why?  I was trying different positions and angles.  Finally decided that I preferred to ride without it.  I did experience buffeting.  I am 6'4 for reference.  
-In the right light, you might possibly find a small swirl or mark but, I cannot see anything when I recently went over it before posting this ad.  It does pick up fingerprints easily.
-I am including a pic of my order confirmation from MotorcycleSuperstore, so you can see the price of my original order.  Added the lower fairing deflectors, from BikeBandit a short time afterward.
-I basically spent $575.00 to figure out that I preferred my X to be naked.
-This is a smarter way for you to start off, by getting into it cheaply, with a better chance of recouping your investment than I have done.
-Shipping would really kill the deal for anyone interested, because it would likely be costly due to sizing.  So, it would be best to do this in person, or piggyback it from friend to friend, until it gets to you.  I live in Port Arthur, and am willing to drive 50-60 miles to meet if you are serious about buying.  I would hate to take it out for a ride in my truck every few days just for someone to look at it though.;)
-I'm not a scammer or thief.  I work at the local hospital, and I will give you my mother in law's phone number if you want to verify that I'm a nice guy.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:18:49 AM by RickVTX »

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Memphis Shades Batwing $350 Port Arthur
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:20:46 AM »

Good price should go quick :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 08:04:45 AM »

bumping this up for you.  I know I was talking to someone at BBT that was looking for this but I can't remember who. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

RickVTX

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »

Thanks guys. 

RickVTX

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 02:39:50 PM »

Still available.  Make me an offer.  :bikerider:

RickVTX