Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For the Fallen  (Read 674 times)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
For the Fallen
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:37:12 AM »

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: For the Fallen
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:08:56 AM »

Thanks to all that have served, their service allows me the freedom to do the things I do.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:31:01 AM »

Taken from an email from a dear veteran friend of mine:

And still they die: 22 veterans a day still commit suicide--every day; VA wait times are longer than last year when the latest scandal broke (veterans dying while waiting for medical care); veterans are dying in one VA hospital from excessive amounts of drugs foisted upon them; dying in another hospital because of improperly trained surgeons; many dying because they are poor and mentally ill, often on the street, alone and hungry, their mind still at war.

They are veterans none the less, and ...always a soldier.

Remember them this day.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »

I say shut down the VA hospitals. Give the vet a credit card and let them go to the hospital they want to go to.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 05:51:13 AM »

I say shut down the VA hospitals. Give the vet a credit card and let them go to the hospital they want to go to.
Got a letter from the VA a few months back saying the President had ordered Vets living too far away (me) and having too hard a time getting into the VA system to go to a local hospital/physcian and the VA will pickup the tab. It is still not what it should be but a little better.
SSSSSsssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 05:55:21 AM »

Thanks to all that have served, their service allows me the freedom to do the things I do.

Amen
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 06:53:35 AM »

Got a letter from the VA a few months back saying the President had ordered Vets living too far away (me) and having too hard a time getting into the VA system to go to a local hospital/physcian and the VA will pickup the tab. It is still not what it should be but a little better.
SSSSSsssssnake
Good, a friend that lives in Texarkana had to go to San Antonio a few years ago for cancer treatment when there are plenty of hospitals a lot closer that could have treated him. The Dr.s that work at the VA also practice at local hospitals . Why not shut them down, take that money and let you go where you want. Seems simple.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal