Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You Guys Rock!  (Read 5225 times)

Mulla

• Rider
Re: You Guys Rock!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 06:29:50 PM »

Latest Update!!!

Kim is healed physically but not mentally, she still not wanting to get back on the bike, I am not trying to sway her decision, just giving her time to heal.

I am finally cleared by all doctors to return to work in the morning 7/06/15! Never thought I would be so excited to go to work, but I am.  The doctor wants to put my pinkie in another brace to try to straighten it, right now it is curled and makes it difficult to put on gloves. I will be restricted to inside duty and have to be 'shadowed' for 2 weeks. Since I had a head injury, I think they just want to make sure I am not cra-cra before allowing me to wander in the plant. :banghead:  In the meanwhile, after getting cleared from the doctor to use my hand, I have been working on my bike. I have her ready to ride once AJ installs the new back motorcycle tire.   I was hoping to ride it for my first day of work but it just didn't work out but I should have for Bike night Wednesday.  Looking forward to riding with you guys next spring! :bikerider:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 05:39:17 AM »

great News! I'll be down there next week , maybe we can get together for dinner!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 06:57:41 AM »

Latest Update!!!

Kim is healed physically but not mentally, she still not wanting to get back on the bike, I am not trying to sway her decision, just giving her time to heal.

I am finally cleared by all doctors to return to work in the morning 7/06/15! Never thought I would be so excited to go to work, but I am.  The doctor wants to put my pinkie in another brace to try to straighten it, right now it is curled and makes it difficult to put on gloves. I will be restricted to inside duty and have to be 'shadowed' for 2 weeks. Since I had a head injury, I think they just want to make sure I am not cra-cra before allowing me to wander in the plant. :banghead:  In the meanwhile, after getting cleared from the doctor to use my hand, I have been working on my bike. I have her ready to ride once AJ installs the new back motorcycle tire.   I was hoping to ride it for my first day of work but it just didn't work out but I should have for Bike night Wednesday.  Looking forward to riding with you guys next spring! :bikerider:

That is Great News!!!  Glad yall are healing well! :)
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 07:42:40 AM »

that is great news.  I know you are biting at the bit to get working/riding again, but just make sure to take it slow.  Sometimes a person is surprised to find out that they are not quite as physically ready as they are mentally.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 07:52:09 AM »

That's great news.  Glad to hear the bike is almost back together.  I'm sure it would have been a he11 of a surprise for your co-workers to see you roll up on a motorcycle after a motorcycle accident.  In all fairness though, I would most likely do the same. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 09:30:57 AM »

Glad to hear things are progressing!!!  Take it easy...and looking forward to seeing ya'll next Spring... if not before.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »

That is good to hear , take work easy while you can don't over do.

Wahoo

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 06:07:33 PM »

Wahoo and a Happy Dance ! ! !
Secret to a Happy Marriage -- an '02 1800C for him and an '03 1800C for ME!!!

Mulla

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »

great News! I'll be down there next week , maybe we can get together for dinner!

Gary, sounds like a plan, send me a message when you will be here. It will be nice to see ya!

Lucky and Steve, I have a great boss, he is keeping me on a tight reign and won't let me overdo anything.

Chad, Yes, I've given up the car tire. As much as I loved the ride and traction of the car tire, I honestly feel it was the reason I crashed, the bead broke too easy from the rim, especially since it was a run flat tire. I removed the tire from the rim to inspect the tire and rim and didn't see any issues with the tire other than the puncture which lead to the rapid air loss. I did notice a build up of the tire mounting lube along the bead of the rim which I thought was excessive and may have played a part in the bead breaking. It was a freak accident but it is NOT worth the risk, I consider myself lucky to be able to ride again, I am not gonna press my luck. ;)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »

:thumbup:

Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 05:27:30 AM »

:good:    :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 05:49:25 AM »

OOPS , can't read a calendar. be down week of the 20th.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Mulla

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 11:32:57 AM »

OOPS , can't read a calendar. be down week of the 20th.

I will be working nights on the 20th and the 21st. :banghead: If you are in town still on the 22nd give me a shout.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal